Image Map

April 14, 2008

A Little Catching Up to Do...

Last Friday Kaylee had the day off from school so we decided to have some fun planting flowers in the yard. I had promised that the girls could help me pick out some flowers, so the day before we all went to Lowe's to pick out our favorite colors. I think that we ended up with every color imaginable. This picture is when we first went outside to begin the adventure. After about 10-15 minutes both girls had pretty much lost interest. Kaylee was frustrated because it took too long to dig the holes deep enough for the flowers and Campbell just wanted to pull the flowers out of the containers, forget about the roots being in tact.

So Campbell decided to go and get her shopping cart with her baby in it and a grocery sack to help pick up sticks that she found in the yard. At least she was being halpful and staying out of the street:) I just thought that she was too funny loaded up with all her loot. I think everyone who drove by thought she was pretty funny too because they all had smile and were laughing. After Kaylee and I finished the first flower bed I realized that we did not have enough flowers so we all loaded up and went back to Lowe's for some more flowers. At least it was a beautiful day to be outside because my 2 hour project was turning into a four hour project. By the end of the day I was digging the holes and Kaylee was putting the flowers in the hole while Campbell played.

Here are my two favorite helpers at the end of the planting day. If I had been in the picture you would have seen one dirty Mom from the digging and getting dirt thrown on her from my two girls trying to dig deep holes. We did make some memories and in the end we got everything accomplished. I would definitely say the day was a success! (I will have to take a picture of the flowers later, so far even the ones with minimal roots have survived.)



post signature

2 comments:

ajphillips said...

I'd have to agree with the girls, those flowers have to have deeper holes than you would think...last weekend my wrists were killing me after planting flowers!

By the way, I guess it's time for me to come out of the closet---cause I read your blog all the time! HA!

Whitney said...

That last picture of Kaylee and Campbell is great! It looks like a photographer took it!