Image Map

April 21, 2008

Baby Shower Day!

Well after almost two months of preparation the Big Day finally arrived. Yesterday was Baby Shower Day at my house for my sweet friend Whitney. There is nothing like the word "shower" to us girls that triggers a "To Do List" a mile long. Over the past two months I have painted the den, study, three hallways, trim, and planted flowers all over the yard. My sweet husband worked like a dog on Friday afternoon and Saturday in the yard trimming trees, shrubs, grass, and making sure everything out there was as green as possible. Then there were the inside chores for him like installing a new bathroom faucet and fixtures, hanging a few pictures, and helping me clean the house. On my list inside the house were the usual cleaning of the blinds, windows, and baseboards along with all the weekly cleaning. I have to say that there is nothing like getting all of the Spring cleaning out of the way to let you relax and enjoy life. I just love tackling a "to do" list.

What could be better than an afternoon of laughing with your favorite girlfriends and celebrating a new arrival...not much:) All of my precious friends, who were hostesses, did a wonderful job with everything. The success of the shower was definitely a team effort. It was so nice to be able to meet Whitney's family who made the trip for the shower. The baby gifts for Kennedy were so sweet...they always take you back to when your children were about to arrive and what an exciting and blessed time in your life. I just love looking at all of the tiny little baby things, it seems like so long ago when I was there now. Such fun!
Thank you Whitney for letting me have the honor of hosting your shower at my home...it was a real honor:)


post signature

3 comments:

JB said...

Are those thumbprint cookies I see? Ahhh, takes me back to every Siggie shower I ever attended!
The table looks great! Love the cake!

Whitney said...

Well I should be the one telling you thank you, so THANK YOU! It was so wonderful and I appreciate all the work you (and Cary) put into it. Of course, you went above and beyond. I'm glad your house is spotless and painted for a while now (until your shower next spring :) Thank you for your friendship and generosity and for all you did to make the shower wonderful!

Shelley said...

Everything looks perfect! How fun :)