Image Map

April 16, 2009

Goodbye Tax Season 2009!

When your husband is an accountant you learn to look forward to April 15th each year. It becomes even more of a day to look forward to after having children because then you are not the only one looking forward to him coming home each night but so are two little girls who think their Daddy is the best ever. Cary tries very hard to be home a few nights a week during the months of February till April 15th (really March thru April is when it gets really bad) to actually eat dinner with us and tuck the girls in to bed at night since that is their special time even if he has to go back to work afterwards and work until morning before returning home again. He does a wonderful job of not bringing his frustration home and being very helpful when he is at the house. He even continues to make us feel special each day. This year he managed a very crazy tax season as well as being the assistant coach of Kaylee's softball team. I loved him so much for that! He is our Hero!! In order to show our appreciation we decided to have a celebration waiting for him when he got home yesterday. I cooked a yummy dinner of asparagus, Italian new potatoes, steak Diane, and a gooey pumpkin cake for dessert for us all to sit at the table and enjoy as a family. 



I also bought some poster board and had the girls each design a poster for Daddy. Kaylee chose to put the words "Welcome Back" on her poster. When I asked her why those words she said because he was coming back to be with the family for dinner and the rest of the fun family times at night. I thought that was hilarious! 








Cary got a kick out of it too.









Here is Campbell's sign. She just wanted to tell Daddy that we loved him.  

We all love our Husband/Daddy and are so proud of all the hard work he does each day to make sure we are taken care of. Thanks for all you do honey!!



3 comments:

courtney said...

Awww, that's so sweet! Glad y'all have your husband and daddy back! :)

Also glad that your blogging again!

I loved the girls' Easter dresses! So pretty!

Shelley said...

What a great idea! We may have to copy you next year. We are also very happy to have our daddy back. WE ALL made it through another tax season :)

elizabeth said...

Very cute! I know of several friends celebrating the return of their husbands!