
On Friday we had the joy of going to see Kaylee perform in her school music program for the year. There is something about going to a performance in a school cafeteria that just brings back a floodgate of memories. As you can see from this first picture their theme was All About the Ocean for this year. There was a lot of action going on during the performance. There were singers, dancers, and some children had speaking parts. I was really impressed with the creativity of the parents who had to design their own fish costumes for those speaking and also with the fact that none of the children forgot their lines. ( I was very lucky all Kaylee had to wear was a solid color shirt and jeans.) The performance was really cute and lasted 20 minutes which was the

perfect amount of time to try to keep a three year old entertained especially when you get there 30 minutes early to get a good seat.
Kaylee was so excited to be able to play finger cymbals during the song "Colors of the Sea". She was so proud and so were we.

Here is Kaylee smiling and singing away. A few of the other song they sang were "we're Sharks leaving our Marks" and "Commotion in the Ocean". All the songs were cute and so were the children.
When I asked Kaylee why she did not want a speaking part she said that she did not try out for it due to her stage fright. She would prefer to stay in a group on stage. I love that girl!
I just love days like today! Way to go Kaylee!
No comments:
Post a Comment