Image Map

April 18, 2009

Tremendous!!

Tremendous is the word my husband used about the food and good time with friends that we had last night. Two of my sweet friends, April and Whitney, turned 30 this month so eight couples went out to celebrate. Since we moved here we have been hearing about a wonderful restaurant called Rancho Loma located in Valera, TX. The website calls it an experience and I believe them. There is a very talented chef who has a set menu each weekend consisting of five fabulous courses. This weekend the menu was full of the best food that has ever touched my lips I do believe. It is a little pricey but so worth it. After all once you make the reservation the table is yours for the night so you can walk around the wonderful ranch in between courses so you can make more room in your tummy and enjoy scenery as well as the quiet.

Just to give you a little thought to ponder here is the menu from last night:
Mixed mushroom & goat cheese pizza
Rock shrimp & sweet pea rissotto
Roasted tomatoes & mozzarella salad w/ pine nuts (and an amazing pesto sauce)
Grilled Premium Porterhouse for Two ( They were not kidding, the best steak EVER!)
Chocolate cremoso w/ sea salt


We decided to sit with all the women at one table and the men at another. I do not know who laughed more or louder the men or the women. Who knew eight men could talk nonstop just like a bunch of women? Our table also had fun when the different courses were served watching the mens' faces as they branched out and tried something new.  I am proud to say that they all
 tried each item and were won over by all the mouthwatering flavors. 

Needless to say it was five courses of INCREDIBLE!! Before we left the table for the evening we decided to go ahead and plan for the next person's birthday to be there too. I cannot wait to go back again!!

Here is a picture of me and Cary just to prove that we did go together:-)


As we walked to our cars still smiling from the great evening spent laughing with friends we looked up and took in all of the beautiful stars in the sky and were so blessed by the wonder of God. Thank you Lord for moments like these. 


6 comments:

Traci said...

My mouth is watering!!

Girl, you look fabulous!! So slim and sleek, too! :)

Alyssa said...

How Fun! You look beautiful- glad that you had a good time!

Candice said...

How fun!

I love the picture of you and Cary. You look great!

Shelley said...

How FUN!! Good Times with Good Friends are the BEST...

Nicole said...

I love seeing pictures of y'all...it makes me miss you even more! I want a meal at a fancy restaurant!!!

Whitney said...

I'm so glad ya'll go to go, and I agree with Traci, you're looking great!

Can't wait for Cary's party! Ha!