What a weekend! My sweet husband and I were very productive this weekend which was so nice. I love getting a yard ready to celebrate Spring and Summer with all the beautiful flowers. Cary had a lot of items waiting on his "to do list" due to tax season taking all of his free time before now.

Over the weekend Cary installed a new storm door since ours shattered last year when he was mowing. This was a blessing
since the last one had broken a few time and was circa 1980's and not very sturdy. I never realized how often I used it till it was gone. I love openingthe door to look at the world and also as a way to let people know we are expecting them when they come over. I love my new storm door, thanks Honey!
Also on the list was taking a tile class at Home Depot, mowing and fertilizing the yard, edging, killing weeds, and trimming the trees in the front yard. I am sure I have forgotten a few things but these were the main items.
This is just one of the four piles of branches in
our yard.
In case you are wondering I had my own list too.
I waited till Saturday to go pick out flowers so that Kaylee could go help too. About 5 minutes
into touring Garden World with them I wondered why I did not leave them both at
home. All I kept hearing was "I am thirsty", "I am hungry"," I am tired", "It is so hot", "Are we
going home yet?". Then we got to go to Lowes too. After about an hour we returned home to start planting since I had already prepared the beds that morning. Once we started planting, the
girls made it half way around the first tree, I realized I had only bought enough flowers to go around one tree in the front yard. I had bought 4 flats of flowers! I always forget just how big that flower bed is.
Therefore I got to make a return trip to Lowes
for 3 more flats of flowers, a rose bush, and a
few bags of soil. Once I returned to my car I realized I had left my phone in the car while I was shopping and Cary had called. Before even leaving the parking lot I got to make a return trip into the store to get a new nozzle for the garden hose. At this point I decided Cary and I could both use some Sonic refreshment.

When I returned home the FedEx man delivered my new
favorite thing, this solar powered fountain birdbath. I am even
more happy that I finally found something to take up the space in this bed beside the arbor that we will all enjoy.

After all his hard work my sweet husband even grilled dinner for us last night while the girls played outside.
Oh, the joy of Spring! Just a few pictures to show what Spring is all about.

4 comments:
I absolutely love Spring time! I could live outside! I saw you at Garden World this weekend as we were leaving. I didn't even try to plant the flowers I bought though....stupid wind!
We did the same thing this weekend... widened our flower beds, planted flowers, tried to replace the glass in our front door but bought the wrong glass and had to special order it! I love having my door open too!
We need to get together and cook out and let the girls play!
It all looks so beautiful :)
A tile class at Home Depot...ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? So, what are you going to tile? Do you remember the pain it was to tile our house? TALK TO MARK BEFORE STARTING ANY MAJOR TILE PROJECT!!! Girl, just shell out the money and have the professionals do it. It will save your husband and your marriage in the long run! Hee Hee!
I love your new flower beds! You know me, I love to garden!!
I can't wait to see it all. I miss you soooooo much!
Post a Comment