Well the big day Kaylee had been waiting months for finally arrived. Ever since the note went home in October about them making Gingerbread Houses at her school Christmas Party she has been counting down the days. Evidently, at Kaylee's school it is a tradition to have the 2nd grade make Gingerbread Houses in the cafeteria all together at the same time. This picture mainly shows Kaylee's class but if you can imagine 11 more strips of butcher paper on the floor (yes, there are 12 second grade classes at her school) with at least 20 students per sheet all in school cafeteria you have a big party. Then you add teachers and a lot of parents and siblings to the mix. Whew! I am glad it only lasted one hour because it was crazy. Controlled crazy, but crazy just the same.Here is my sweet girl getting started on her gingerbread house. I am just thankful that 

Kaylee still wants me around for all of her parties. Her only request this time was that I come alone, without Campbell. Thankfully a friend had Campbell over to play with her daughter so that I could have some time to just focus on Kaylee. I know that she needs that too.
It is also great to get to chat with other parents and get to know all the children Kaylee talks about all the time. Several parents came up to me to say how sweet Kaylee is when they have been up there working in the class or helping around school with something. That made my heart smile. I am so proud of the precious spirit that she has towards her friends and the respect she shows for adults. It is always nice to know when I am not around that she is still using her best manners. One parent asked me how I still got Kaylee to wear a bow. I thought that was funny till I looked around the room full of children and noticed she was one of the few with a bow in. I just replied that it had never been an issue yet. I am sure the day is coming. Another parent said every time her daughter sees a bow it reminds her of Kaylee. She called it Kaylee's signature look. So funny! I have never even given the bow a thought.
At the end of the hour all the parents started to gather up their children to take them home so I did too. Kaylee and I got to run a few errands together before picking up Campbell. Then we all joined Daddy for lunch at Red Robin. What a great end to the semester! Now I just have to figure out what we are going to do to keep my girls busy the next few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment