Image Map

December 28, 2009

The Big Surprise

On the day before Christmas Eve we packed up the car and headed to Waco to spend some time with my parents. I am so glad we did not wait till the next morning because we would have had to stay put in Abilene since we got lots of snow here for Christmas. That would have been a problem since several of their presents were in Waco along with the most important one.
Once we arrived at my parents' home the girls immediately went to their room to look for presents under their tree. Each year my Mom buys a few things for the girls to open as a kind of countdown to the big day. Both of them look forward to this so much. I am so glad that my Mom started this tradition for them to enjoy. This year they opened Snuggies for each of them and some adorable leopard print dresses from Gymboree. They also got matching Christmas pajamas and two games. One of them was Toss Across, I do not know who was more excited about that one Kaylee or me?
We woke up Christmas Eve and spent the morning relaxing along with playing a few rounds of Toss Across and My Little Pony. Next we loaded up in two cars and went to Fudrucker's for some yummy lunch. Cary and my Dad left the restaurant to go pick up a surprise for the girls while Mom and I ran a few errands with Kaylee and Campbell in tow. Upon arrival at the house the girls found a BIG surprise waiting on the back porch with a note attached from Santa. Apparently, sometimes Santa's sleigh is a little too loaded down so he chooses to drop off a few live animals early.(For my friends who I told Kaylee was not getting a dog, she wasn't but I caved a few days before Christmas and brought Cary down with me;-) I do not think Kaylee or Campbell minded that at all!

The girls finding their surprise.
















Two very happy faces! Kaylee claimed it was the "most amazing and awesome Christmas ever!"
The looks on their faces just made my heart fill with joy. I am so glad that we decided to add Oliver to our family. Thanks Santa!!

No comments: