Image Map

November 19, 2012

Fort Worth Field Trip

The middle of November I had the pleasure of going on a field trip to Fort Worth with Kaylee's class. Kaylee was excited to ride in a chartered bus while I was excited to ride with a friend and catch up on life. (Parents had to provide their own transportation)
 Our first stop was the Titanic Exhibit which was very informative. It was amazing to see the items that were recovered from the wreckage. There were china plates that did not have a single chip in them, crazy! Another amazing item was a bottle of perfume that they had in a display that you could actually smell. At the beginning of the tour each person was handed a boarding ticket at the beginning of the tour with a passengers name from the actual Titanic voyage. At the end of the tour you got to look and see if you survived along with whatever family members they listed that were with you. This was a big hit for the class. I am happy to say that I survived the wreck along with my children and husband. There was also an IMAX movie about the Titanic which showed how the items in the exhibit were recovered by a well trained team. I would have loved to have been able to spend even more time in the exhibit looking around. I find the whole Titanic experience very interesting.

 Our next stop was the Fort Worth Zoo. We had been running behind all day due to a late start that morning so we had to run through the zoo in about an hour. When I say run I really do mean run. None of the kids seemed to care and our group did manage to see a lot that the zoo had to offer. By the time we loaded back up to head home my legs were pretty tired. All in all it was a great day to be able to see Kaylee with her friends laughing and having so much fun.
 Random shot of a zebra I thought turned out well.
Me and my girl!
It was such a fun day and I am so thankful that Kaylee still wants her Mom to come with her on a field trip. Memories abound from this wonderful day.

No comments: