I am so thankful we cannot get pizza like this in Abilene thought because I would be there everyday. I don't think that would be good for the diet.
Looking toward the Magnificent Mile from our hotel.
On Sunday afternoon we took a stroll around the Lincoln Park Zoo which has free admission every day. It is a really neat old zoo that is in great condition. It was nice just to walk around and explore the area a little bit.
On Sunday Cary surprised me with tickets to the "I Love Lucy" musical that was being performed. It was so good. We ended up sitting next to the nicest lady from Albuquerque, NM who was adorable. Afterwards we went to a supposedly great Chicago steakhouse. Well it was okay but I definitely think Perini Steakhouse in Abilene serves a better steak and definitely at a better price. I learned from this restaurant that they like to pack a lot of people in a very small area too.
On Monday we headed to the Field Museum. Cary thought it would be a good
idea to walk since it did not look too far. Well it ended up being
pretty far especially when it was so cold and windy. The museum itself
was incredible. There were too many exhibits to even name, which is why
we spent almost four hours taking it all in.
At least on our way to the museum we got to take in a lot of sights like the famous "bean".
On Tuesday we went shopping before Cary had to go to start the Schwab Conference he was actually there for. Since I was missing my friends I had to get a picture of me with the Lego "Friends" statue in the Lego store. We also managed to make it to the American Girl store and Macy's. This was the activity(Shopping) I enjoyed the next few days during the time Cary was in the seminars. The main shopping area was decorated for Christmas while we were there so it was neat to see the daily progress as the transformation took place. I have to say of all the places the cafe at Neimans made this girl very happy at lunch time as a break from the shopping. During the evenings we went to dinners with different companies who he does business with and luckily over the years they have become friends of mine too. Who can complain about nice restaurants and free meals, right?
After I got my husband back we spent a day at the SHED Aquarium which was amazing! It was so interesting to see so many creatures up close. I cannot wait to take our girls there someday.
A picture Cary took at the observation deck of the Field Museum, I think.
Our last night in Chicago we went to The Capital Grill which is one of our old favorites from our time in Dallas. The food was much better than the first steakhouse we went to and our waiter even gave us a free appetizer. when we go back they will definitely be seeing us again. Thank you Chicago for a great week! We look forward to coming back again one day.











No comments:
Post a Comment