On Saturday morning we got up and headed to Arlington Cemetery. This is one of my favorite places to visit because of the respect and reverence within these gates.
It is amazing to see those who fought for our freedom laid to rest in a place of honor as they should be.
The eternal flame at the grave of President Kennedy, along with his wife and infant son.
The changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknown soldiers.
A ceremony to change the wreath at the tomb of the unknown. The family who requested that the wreath be placed there was able to participate in the ceremony. Even though I did not know them it still brought tears to my eyes because of the service their loved one gave for our country as well as the reverence shown to their family.
I love this view.
Cary and the girls inside the museum.
I love that we are getting to show our girls first hand the sacrifice that is made for them to live in a land that is free each day.



No comments:
Post a Comment