Well Kaylee was up at 6:50am today with two books in hand saying "Today is school, Today is school!". I am so glad that she loves it so much I hope it is always that way for her. She could not wait to get dressed and out the door. After a mad dash to get everyone ready and a few photos in the front yard we were off.
As promised to Kaylee we went for a family breakfast at McDonald's before school. She was so excited to get pancakes and to have her Daddy there that I do not think she stopped smiling the whole meal. Campbell stayed asleep so we had a chance to talk to Kaylee about all the fun she was going to have in Mrs. Leslie's class this year. Once Kaylee finished her food she was ready to finish the journey to school. She decided to ride with Daddy this part of the drive. I am so glad she loves her Daddy so much. I know first hand what it is like to be a Daddy's girl.
Once we got to the parking lot she was running to the car to get her backpack and nap mat. Her friend Trinity had just arrived too so they were excited to see each other. After a few hugs and more pictures they were off hand in hand toward school. When did she get so big? We had to stop and check on her teacher from last year before proceeding down the hall. Kaylee loves to make sure everyone is okay...more on that later. I do not think she stopped after that because we were at Mrs. Leslie's class in record time. I do not even remember getting a "goodbye" or anything else. She took her seat beside her sweet friend Ashlyn and got busy on her color sheet. We did manage to get one more picture in though. I love my big girl but it makes me sad too when I think about how the years have gone by already.
Next it was Mommy time with my dear friend Stephanie. We did what women usually do which is shop and talk. We went to Tuesday Morning and Target for a few bargains. You cannot beat a pair of pants for $6.84 on sale. Yeah!! Then it was off to lunch at LaHacinda Ranch and catching up on our lives without interruption. ( except for feeding our precious babies a bottle) What wonderful day !!
When I arrived at school to pick Kaylee up she was all smiles. She came running to give me a big hug which was the best. However she followed that with the words "I want to stay here". I explained that everyone else was going home too so then she agreed to go with me. Mrs. Leslie pulled me aside and said Kaylee says such cute things. This worries me for a moment because one never knows what is going to come out of the mouth of a three year old. She said Kaylee asked her a few times during the day " Mrs. Leslie are you okay?". She thought it was cute and I was relieved. Once in the car she told me all about her day ( how if you stay on green you get a treasure on Thursday, everyone in her class is so good, and Mrs. Tiffany was sick today) and gave Campbell plenty of love on the way home. I assured her that Campbell missed her today but she would be okay two days a week for a few hours without her. ( As mentioned before my child is very nurturing..she wants everyone to be good at all times. I get asked at least 10 times a day if I am okay? Such a little mother already!) We stopped at Sonic for a treat on the way home and then she said she was ready for a nap. I had to ask her to repeat that a few times to let it sink in...asking for a nap. Daddy called to see how her day had gone and she told him her favorite part of the day was recess because she got to see all of her friends. My little social butterfly.
I am sure the new year will be great! God bless all the teachers and administrators willing to give their time and talents to our children.
3 comments:
So glad that she had a good first day of school -- that is nice for you as a Mom to know she is happy and well taken care of. Anxious for us to catch up soon too...maybe breakfast after dropping them off one day next week?
How sweet is Kaylee? I have loved reading about everyone's first day at Sunshine School! I hear you though, about worrying what will come out of their mouths. Yesterday Kaitlyn said, "Oh my goooooooooooosh." One part of me was so glad she didn't say God, and the other part of me wished she had said goodness. I never imagined I would think "Oh my gosh" is such a bad thing to say.
Anyway..this is a long comment. I'm glad Kaylee is enjoying school!
Sounds like a great first day!
Post a Comment