Image Map

August 28, 2005

Where did the weekend go?

Another week has ended with nothing too eventful to report or at least not that I remember. (I do have a 10 week old who still wakes up once in the night so somethings are blurry at times.)

On Friday my wonderful husband came home early from work so I could go scrapping with some friends at this great place called Recollections. We were there from 4:oopm till 12:00am. Needless to say I did not accomplish everything I had hoped but I am trying to stay up to date with at least one of my children's albums since I am two years behind on Kaylee's. In my defense I do have two albums full of Kaylee's first year so that took some time. I have found that this is a hobby I enjoy most of the time but also one I cannot stop since I have already started it! When I returned home the house was just as I had left it and both girls were asleep so my husband's night was a success. However, he did say on more than one occasion he does not know how I do all the things I do each day. That is always nice to hear...who doesn't want to feel appreciated. I could not do what he does all day either. Thank you God for a wonderful man who I am lucky enough to call my "husband".

My parents came in town this weekend too. Mom, Kaylee, and I had fun shopping on Saturday for Kaylee some back to school clothes which she will be wearing when the temperature stops being in the 90's to 100's. She loved shopping because we went to a mall where there were rides to ride so after each store if she had been cooperative she got to ride a ride. Isn't bribery wonderful!! That made the day so much better for all of us. It never ceases to amaze me when shopping for the girls just how much things cost for them. Should it cost as much or more than my clothes when so much less material is used? Oh well! Thanks Mom and Dad for always spoiling us.

Then on Saturdey night Cary and I went to a party at a friends house who recently got married. They had such beautiful wedding and honeymoon pictures. When do we get to go on such a wonderful vacation again? Is it before our girls are our ages now? It is so good to see him so happy and blessed by God. We know they will have a wonderful life together. The time away from both girls was an added treat since Mom and Dad pulled babysitting duty. For the second night in a row I came home to happy sleeping children. Thank you.

Today is Sunday and we had a great morning at church eventhough there was no children's church today for Kaylee. My little girl is growing up because she colored and played with stickers with two of her friends on the row behind us and there was no noise or fighting from any of them. They are all getting so big and it is nice to be able to not be the mediator for a change. It is fun to watch their different personalities at this age. They are so social. Kaylee was very pleased with her sweet time with her friends. Bless all God's dear children.

I have now packed Kaylee's lunch and backpack for another year of Sunshine School. It makes me sad to think I only have two more years of her being home with me before "big school starts" as Kaylee says. I do enjoy my two days a week of free time, but what will I ever do with five! I will still have Campbell at home but some things are so much easier with one child in tow. My husband would answer the "what will I do question?" with go back to work but I think he is slowly understanding how serious I am when I say I am retired from working outside of the home. Teaching for four years is enough, right?
We had meet the teacher this afternoon and Kaylee was very pleased with her teacher and class. All of her girlfriends from Sunday morning are in her class so she loved it tonight!

I will post more tomorrow on Kaylee's first day!

3 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

We'll see you bright 'n early tomorrow morning. I am excited to hopefully be able for us to actually meet for lunch and visit more...

Jenni said...

Erica,

Welcome to blog world! Hope that Kaylee had a fatastic first day today.

hollyfouts said...

I'm so excited to have someone new to read about! Found you on Kristen's blog, of course. She has kind of become the blog queen--slowing bringing all of her friends and family into this little blog world. Hope Kaylee had a great first day!