Today we were in the car on the way to Lori's aunt's pool to swim with some friends (Our weekly ritual if we are in town.) and Kaylee was talking away. All of a sudden she asked if S-T-O-P spelled stop. Yes, I said a little surprised since we were on the highway with no signs around that said Stop. Then she asked if Z-O-O spelled Zoo. We had not gotten to the zoo sign yet either. She spelled three more words before we got to the pool. I am taking this as a sign that we should start practicing our reading for a little challenge. We will see how that goes.
9 comments:
Great Job, Kaylee! I would say that she is definitely ready to start reading. Give that girl some sight words!
I really miss you and I am glad that you got to go swimming. We've been stuck inside all week!!
That's so great that she is spelling!
We were in Abilene last weekend....wish we could have met up but sounds like you were here instead! Leslie told us where you live and I grew up in the neighborhood where y'all live. Without letting everyone on the internet know where you live, we lived on the street perpendicular to y'alls that starts with a "P"....#20. I miss that place big time!! :(
Sounds like she'll be ready for reading soon!
Yay Kaylee! We need to get together soon! Hey - random thought: Abilene Coffee Company shut down. We should buy it and open up a children's book store! That wouldn't cost that much money! :)
Leslie-
Let's do it...get together soon and open the bookstore. I am sure it will not cost more than a few dollars, right? Sounds like a plan. You might want to keep the job you have for heath insurance though until the new baby is one and you are done going to the doctor every three months. By the way when do you find out the gender of the baby? Have fun at the concert tomorrow night and call us so we can get together.
I started working with Thomas last spring on spelling. I think I felt a little guilty about having Matthew in montessori and he was reading at 4! I can't believe we only have one more year with our almost 5 year olds before they are in school! Where did the time go?
Smart girl! She is getting so big!
I had the BEST time with you last weekend. I wish you could come every weekend!! I love you!
That Kaylee is one smart cookie! Trinity has shown a huge interest in reading. I bought some early readers at Sam's and Trinity can read 4 of them on her own now. She can read the titles of almost all the books. I'm not sure if she has them memorized or if she can actually read the words. I personally think she has them memorized (she has a memory of steel), but I hear that's the first step. Get that girl some books to read!!!!
Love you...
Hey Erica,
So nice to hear from you. I did know that you moved back to Abilene - I miss that place. Presley is doing well - so out of control as you might imagine. Thanks for your prayers for Paige -she will need continued support. Tell your family hello from me.
Love,
KH
Post a Comment