Image Map

March 15, 2008

Our First Ever Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt!

Well, Thursday was Kaylee's first time to go on a school field trip and ride on a real school bus. At her school they have a big Easter Egg Hunt at a local park for one of their field trips and then they stay there all day eating picnic lunches and enjoying the play area. I thought that the teachers were a little crazy to do this since it was the Thursday before Spring Break and there are 12 kindergarten class with 22-24 children in each class. It was so much fun to watch the buses pull up and see all the excited faces on the kids when they saw all of the Easter eggs they were going to get to hunt. There were eggs everywhere! As all of the children were lining up I could see there eyes scanning the ground for the best eggs. Of course they all looked the same to me.




Kaylee had the best time running all over the place hunting for eggs. I did get her to sit still for one shot though so I could document the front of her body because up until this picture all I was getting in the frame was her back side running all over the place picking up eggs.

After all the eggs were gone the children counted out a certain number to keep and then got to enjoy one before lunch. It was too funny to watch them decide which to keep and which to pass on to other children who did not have as many. They all have such different personalities and you could see some of that through this process. I just love Kaylee's teacher this year and all of the sweet children in her class...it has been such an amazing year!
Once they were all lined up I had time to get one picture of Kaylee and I together before heading to my second Easter Egg Hunt of the morning.
I am so glad that I got to be at Kaylee's First Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt! I love you sweet girl!

No comments: