
We decided to hit the ground running today since it was the first day of Spring and enjoy the weather. My Papaw came back from Waco with us so we all went to the zoo. Since we have not been to the zoo since they opened the new entrance and changed a few exhibits it was a real treat. It started off a little bit cool due to the wind but within about 30 minutes the weather was gorgeous. The girls were so excited to be at the zoo and have their Great Papaw enjoying it with them. I lost count of how many times I heard the words "Papaw come here, stand by me, hold my hand", it truly was priceless for me. I remember so many times at their ages going on vacations and doing fun things with my Papaw and Nannie, it is nice to see them getting to experience what a wonderful Grandfather I have too.

Since it was such a nice day all the animals were well fed so by the time we got around to all of them they were full. However, the girls did not seem to mind at all because they were having too much fun just running around. We even ran into a few good friends while we were there. Campbell really loved seeing her friend "J" who is a precious little boy that she adores and so do I.
After the zoo we were treated to Chick-fil-A by Papaw and the girls got to play in the play area for a little while. Then we went home and enjoyed playing in the backyard before naptime. I would say that we definitely made the most out of the first day of Spring.
I just love days like today when the weather is nice and the memories are too. I will cherish today for all of my days. In closing I am going to post two more of my favorite pictures from today.


Thank you Papaw for spending the day with us.
5 comments:
What a fun trip to Waco and all of that shopping... can I tag along next time? :) We make good shopping partners, I think! Ha! Morgan was one of those kids that only picked up pink Easter eggs at her school Easter egg hunt. Sounds like ya'll have had a great spring break. We have too... makes me ready for summer! Hopefully we'll see you at the Egg-stravaganza on Saturday!
Oh' and that picture of Kaylee and Campbell pushing the stroller is priceless!!!!!!!!! You might have to put that into a "sisters" frame.
Glad you are having a wonderful spring break. I agree great-grandparents are priceless!!! How special to have those memories...If you come through H on your way to Waco next time... call and we will meet you for ice cream at the local burger joint!
This post about your Papaw and Kaylee and Campbell was really sweet! I remember days like this with my Pawpaw and I can smile. Glad y'all had a fun spring break!!
Okay, in every picture you look cute. No schlumpadinking? Maybe you need to take ME shopping!
Post a Comment