Image Map

March 23, 2008

Easter Weekend! (Part 2)

Here are my girls straight out of bed and digging through their Easter Bunny loot along with other gifts from Papa, Nana, and Great-Papaw. They were so excited to find some movies and books for their enjoyment as well as some candy. (You can see how crazy my curly headed girl's hair is in the morning.)








Next was the token family picture. Amazingly we were all ready, ate breakfast, and had time for one family picture before church. (and one of the girls together too)













Here are some pictures of Papa and Nana with the girls as well as Great Papaw which were taken after church. Notice we are all a little bundles up because it was in the forties this morning:)
At church we got to have a little interactive time with our children because the preacher put a slide presentation up of the death and resurrection of Christ. He wanted the parents, grandparents, or children to tell the story as the slides changed. It was such a meaningful time I felt to get the children of all ages involved in the service in this way. What an amazing teaching moment for them! It was awesome to see all the children's faces as they were listening or speaking so intently.
After church we came home and enjoyed a delicious Easter lunch in the dining room which was a real treat for the girls since we never have all eaten in there together. I even managed to use their dyed Easter eggs from Papa and Nana's house to make the centerpiece for the table. They thought that was really neat! We also had a delicious Bunny cake that Kaylee and Campbell got to pick out at the store with Nana on Saturday. I was very pleased with how quickly the meal came together and that we all were able to enjoy a good meal with even more good memories. Thanks again for all the spoiling, food, and goodies Papa, Nana, and Great Papaw. The girls are already looking forward to the next holiday so we can eat another special meal in the dining room:)


Happy Easter to all our friends near and far!!

11 comments:

Whitney said...

No bows in your girls' hair for their Easter pictures when they woke up? I'm really disappointed! Ha! Glad ya'll had a great weekend! I love reading your posts... they are so detailed and make me feel like I'm actually there! Your girls are going to love reading them when they get older! Happy Easter!

Shelley said...

Happy Easter! The girls look so cute! Did you get your blouse at Coldwater Creek... I have the same one!!! LOVE IT want to go back and get the white one, too...

Erica said...

Shelley-
Yes, I got the blouse at Coldwater Creek, they were having an amazing sale over Spring Break at the store in Waco. I also have the white blouse which I wore last year for Easter:)

Robyn said...

Your family is beautiful! Was the bunny cake from United? The ones from there were so cute. See ya on Tuesday!

Traci said...

I LOVE the sleepy pictures!! They look so cute all dressed up as well. You all look great, your mom and dad and the family picture! We didn't get a family picture because right when we got to my parents' house, Riley went to the bathroom in the potty but his aiming was so bad that I had to change his pants!! Also the dress that I was wearing made me look HUGE!! These big flowers were NOT forgiving! I think I will stick with solid colors from now on!!

Love you!

Ashley said...

The girls look so cute! I am so glad you guys had a great weekend and enjoyed family time. HAPPY EASTER!

Melissa said...

So fun! I love seeing their morning hair - especially Campbell's. See you tomorrow at YCW - yeah!!!

Lindi said...

I would say your centerpiece put mine to shame but I didn't even do one. It's beautiful. I need to be a better hostess. We actually ate off of paper plates on chargers. They were easterish though. Pretty pictures, Pretty dresses and I do love the shirt. We had matching shirts last year why didn't you get me one?

Michael Ann said...

Hey Erica!

It was so fun getting your commment on my blog. Now I am going to keep up with you guys. Your girls are TOO cute! I loved seeing you and Cary too. Are you loving Abilene? So good to hear from you!

Alyssa said...

The girls look adorable! I love the dresses! I also love the idea of talking about the Easter Story during the service! So cool- and I am sure so meaningful for your girls :)

Nicole said...

Hey there, I just caught up on your last several blogs. Y'all have been having some fun and making the most of your Spring Break. Your girls look beautiful...even with crazy "just out of bed" hair!