Image Map

May 8, 2008

Has it been two weeks?


Well I do not know what we have been doing the past few weeks but it seems like we have been too busy to sit for even a moment. I am going to try to blog the things that I remember:)

First of all, Campbell got to wear her first pony tail which she just refers to as a "pony". She was so excited and kept touching it all day. I was just surprised she never tried to rip it out. The best day was when she had me put a "pony" in for her to wear to school to show Mrs. Lauren and Mra. Tammy. That day she walked into class grinning ear to ear and telling them all about her "pony". Yet another sign that my baby is growing up:(

Kaylee had "Cowgirl/boy Day" at school two weeks ago and was so excited that she could wear her bandana, hat, and red boots. (The red boots were definitely a great purchase because I think she has worn them for 3 years now because the only ones I could find a few years ago were too big but she wanted them so we got them. I think this was the last time she will get to wear them though because they will be too small to wear again. ) Since they had finished working on writing all of their letters a lot the teacher decided to take a break and have two weeks of learning all about Texas. One Friday they brought their favorite Texas book and another week it was just a Texas related something for Show and Tell. On this day they had a chuchwagon feast. I sent biscuits which Kaylee informed me were a big hit because I am the best biscuit maker according to her. (Well me and Grands.) They also had cornbread, pinto beans, and some other food items I cannot remember. It was so fun to watch her get so excited when telling me all about her special day.


Then there was last weekend which was one crazy weekend...

We kicked the weekend off with a fun Birthday Party for the girls sweet friend McKinely at the church gym. The theme was "Under the Sea" so there was a sand table, bubbles, the blow up slide/bounce house combo, fisking in the plastic pool, and many other fun activities. Kaylee and Campbell had so much fun as you can see from the picture. McKinley's Mom even fixed this delicioius pudding with crumbled vanilla sandwich cookies crumbled on top of it to look like sand and served it to the kids in sand pails. It was such a cute idea. All the kids loved it and the parents too:)

Then came Sunday which was the craziest day of the weekend because we had church, Beauty & the Beast performance at a theatre here in town, and Shepherding Group at our friends home with about 40 of our other friends and their children from church.

I have to say that the theatre tickets were one of the best presents that my parents have given us as a family gift because it has been such a wonderful activity to look forward to. We have made so many wonderful memories at each of the performances. I do think that this last one of Beauty and the Beast was our favorite so far. We got there pretty early so that we would have plenty of time to get the girls crowns, popcorn , and a drink before the show and to avoid some of the long lines. I thought the crowns were so cute especially since they were only $2.00. Gotta love that! Of course, in true form lately Campbell wanted the same color crown as Kaylee. She looks up to her big sister so much and it just melts my heart to see their love for each other. Not to say that they do not argue but at the end of the day they are each other's best friend.) Thanks again Mom and Dad for the tickets and always thinking of clever things to surprise us with.




Cary told the girls to make a funny face in this picture so I thought it was funny that Campbell was looking at Kaylee to see just what she was suppose to be doing. My funny girls!

Once the show was over the all of the girls went home and took a nap before the cookout that night. It was so much fun going and sharing in food and fellowship with our friends even though it had been a very busy day. The girls had a great time just playing in the backyard with all of their friends. Thank you to Jason, Whitney, and Morgan for having us over, we had a wonderful time:) Busy weekends are exhausting but they sure are full of a lot of good times.

There you have it if you made it through my long post:) Hopefully I will have more time to blog after this coming week is over.

post signature


3 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey there! Campbell's pony is so cute. I only wish that Brooke's hair was long enough to go in a pony!!! Beauty and the Beast sounds great...what a fun family outing that sounds like a huge hit! My girls have those same matching black and white outfits. They are one of my favorites this Spring. It was good to see an update on one of my favorite families and those cute girlies!

Shelley said...

Love the ponytail!! They are so cute :)

Whitney said...

I love the last picture! That is too sweet!