Image Map

May 21, 2008

Campbell's Last Day in the 2's Class


Last Thursday was Campbell's last day of school for the year so I had to post a few comparison pictures from the first day and the last day of school. These first two pictures are from the first day of school back in September. Notice I am holding Campbell and not her teachers since she refused to sit with them at the time. Then in the bottom two picture you can see that she is sitting with Mrs. Tammy and Mrs. Lauren on the last day of school with a smile on her face.

I did not realize until I just posted these pictures just how much she has changed over the past year. She is looking more like a big girl and less like my baby girl. That really makes me sad and happy at the same time because it is so much fun to watch her little mind working each day with the things she says or does.
I am going to list a few things she has learned over the past year...
1. She can identify most of the letters in the alphabet. She loves to find them on signs, labels, and magazines. Of course, her favorite letters to find are "K" for Kaylee and "C" for Campbell. She get really excited when she sees those.
2. She can count to twenty by herself and most always has all the numbers right the first time. I was amazed the other day when we were watching one of her morning cartoons and she identified the number "24" when it was flashed on the screen.
3. She knows all of her colors and even what a few colors are when they are mixed together. We are constantly playing "I Spy something red, yellow, blue..." you get the idea:)
4. She does a great job of trying to write her name. Most of the letters can be identified but there are a few which we need to make a little progress on.
5. She loves to read like Kaylee. Of course she cannot read but she tells a really great story based on the pictures she is looking at. Most of the time her stories have to do with God so thay are very precious to hear.
We are so proud of you Campbell and look forward to watching you discover more things around you and growing in the Lord each day. May you always be blessed as you bless us each day. We love you!!


post signature





6 comments:

Jenni said...

I forgot that my cousin Lauren was Campbell's teacher this year!

Shelley said...

I forget how fast they grow! She is so cute... Enjoy your summer :)

Nicole said...

I love to see the difference between the 1st day of school and the last day of school. It shows her growth, not just in her height and hair length, but also in her big smile. I'm glad that she had a good year!

Ashley said...

Sweet baby Campbell. She is growing and growing in those pictures.

Lindsay said...

Hey Erica~ I am totally blog stalking tonight and happened across yours. Sooo cute! We miss yall here in the Big D, but hope all is well.

Alyssa said...

I love comparison pictures... it is fun to see how much they change and how independent they become. I hope you guys have a great summer!