Image Map

May 20, 2008

Our Musical Theatre Star

The past few weeks have been very busy around our house with endless end of the year activities. One of the most fun was watching Kaylee perform in her first ever dance recital. (I loved the smirk on her face in this picture.) I decided at the beginning of the year that we would try dance this year and a local performing arts company offers a Musical Theatre class so I figured since Kaylee loves High School Musical it would be a perfect fit. What could be better than singing and dancing? I have to say that the recital made the weekly classes all worth it. (It is not easy entertaining a two year old weekly while her sister is in dance class for 45 minutes and she wants to watch all the action.)

Anyway, Kaylee's class was assigned the "You've got a Friend in Me" song from Toy Story. Kaylee was given the costume of a baby doll which we thought was adorable.The night of the performance I decided to try curling her hair with my curlers which are red in color. Kaylee had a very concerned look on her face while I was rolling her hair. Finally she asked if her hair was going to turn red. I asked her if it turns my hair red when I use them and she responded with, "No, it turns your hair yellow". I had to laugh because I have started getting my hair highlighted in the past year but I assured her the curlers had nothing to do with it. After finishing up with her hair and making sure we had all her costume we were off to save some good seats and get ready at the performance hall for the show.


Here is a picture of Kaylee with her sweet friend Chloe (a precious toy soldier) before they went on stage to perform. (Gotta love the circa 1980's blue eyeshadow:) All of Kaylee's class seemed to remember what they were suppose to be doing the night of the performance. I am sure that no one was more excited about the performance than the hard working teachers who had worked on this dance and song with them most of the year. The week before the Big Show Kaylee was complaining that her stomach hurt on several different days so I was hoping it was just her usual nervous stomach and I was right. She is my child who gets nervous about the unexpected...a trait that she got from her Mom I am afraid. You never would have know a thing was wrong once she hit the stage and performed her heart out. Before the show she had decided she wanted to join gymnastics again for next year but after the show she was talking about taking Musical Theatre and Tap class for next year. (We will see when August rolls around what activity she chooses.) I am just glad that she had such wonderful teachers, sweet friends, and really enjoyed the class.





We are so proud of you Kaylee for performing your best and having a blast too. We sure enjoyed watching you and beaming with pride the whole time.


Congratulations Sweet Girl on your First Dance Recital!!





post signature

No comments: