Image Map

December 3, 2008

Christmas Light Parade 2008

Well it is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas at our house. We went to the annual Christmas light parade downtown last night. There were well over 100 entries this year. The girls had a blast as usual. It was the perfect night for a parade because the temperature was just right and the wind was not blowing very much. Kaylee was excited because she kept recognizing her friends from school and church riding on some of the floats. I think she was most thrilled to see Mrs. O her kindergarten teacher because she saw Kaylee and said "hi" to her. The smile on Kaylee's face was a mile long. Campbell on the other hand did not care whether she recognized anyone she was just waving, smiling, and saying "Merry Christmas" to everyone. I can totally see her riding on a float doing her princess wave one day. The parade is definitely one of my favorite yearly traditions with our family because of the smiles on my daughters' faces the whole time.







Kaylee waiting for the parade to begin and hoping that there will be some candy thrown from the floats.










One of the girls favorites because there were dogs pulling the wagons.











Another favorite because of the horses. Do you see an animal theme here?











In case you cannot tell what this is it is a huge HEB shopping cart with a hot rod under it. I thought this was hilarious!









This is of course a top pick because every one loves an adorable train!












The End of the parade.
Campbell wanted Cary to take a picture of her sleeping. If only she would go to sleep that quickly:-)


Hope you are all enjoying the holidays!!


post signature

3 comments:

Lisa Renee said...

Very fun~
I LOVE the HEB one! Too funny! Have you ever gotten the chinese food from that little place inside there? Mandy and I used to go there all the time for the orange chicken! It was GREAT!

Glad to see you are enjoying the holidays! I think about yall everytime we drive through Abilene- just not very timely like our 4AM trips!

Fun Family Fitness said...

hey there...I am a friend of Amy's and just found your blog...I love it...thanks for sharing your stories...steph

Stephanie said...

Can I just say that I MISS YOU!!!

I love that you got up so early for a Pink Dyson and I love that Cary got your garage organized! I wish I would have been there with you. I miss my shopping buddy!

The parade looks fun. We haven't decorated a stitch. Yesterday on the way home from school Trinity counted the houses with Christmas lights (Yes, it was dark at 4:00 on the way home from school)!

Is there any way I'm going to be able to see you over Christmas??? What are your plans? I'll try to Skype you later!

Love you bunches!