Image Map

December 20, 2008

Christmas Lights Tour



One of our Christmas traditions is to go look at Christmas lights and we decided with not much time left before Christmas tonight would be the best night. So while Cary was doing some last minute Christmas shopping I got the girls cleaned up and in their pajamas so they could be comfortable while looking around town. I also knew there was a Santa at one of our stops and thought a picture with Santa in their pajamas would be cute. As you can see they were both very excited. I also fixed some hot chocolate in their thermal Christmas cups so that they would stay nice and warm. Once Cary arrived home we were off. We drove around our neighborhood first and saw a lot of "pretty lights" as Campbell kept calling them. They both kept telling each other to look out the other one's window so as not to miss a single decoration.

Next we were off to Christmas Lane which takes place at a State School here in town. They really go all out on the displays which different organizations and business in the community sponsor. The girls were beyond thrilled.





Kaylee and Cary liked the Santa on vacation the best.










Campbell and I loved the bride in front of the church. (I do not know how she will fit through the door being so much taller than the church.)






At the end of the road you can go inside a building they have all decorated with different animated scenes along with Santa. I could not believe that this is the year neither one of my girls were shy or put up any kind of struggle when it was time to sit on Santa's lap. Both of them even talked to him after the picture and gave him their list clearly and loud enough for him to hear. It was so wonderful! Now if I could only get them both to look at the camera. (I have no idea what Kaylee was looking at but out of the five pictures she is not looking at the camera once.)






I loved this picture!










Once we had seen everything Christmas Lane had to offer we went on to another neighborhood in town which never disappoints to look at their lights. After about 10 minutes of driving around that area this is what we saw in the back seat. It was before 9:00pm!





Followed about 15 minutes later by this...



I guess all the excitement of seeing Christmas lights and sitting with Santa just wore them out. When we got home they both crawled into their beds without a peep.

Yeah for the Christmas lights tradition!



post signature

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great update!! Love those p.j. pictures!