Image Map

December 9, 2008

Some Christmas Decor

Well the stockings have been hung for a while now and the rest of the inside ready for Christmas too. I just wanted to share a few of our favorite decorations, some are additions for this year others we have had for a while. However, they are all special.

First there is the cute Santa on the mantle that I bought at Kohl's last year after Christmas for a steal of a deal. I just love all the different Santas one can find during the holidays.




My next favorite thing is the Hallmark church series of ornaments. I got the first one to commemorate Cary and my first Christmas together after we got married. The one here is number 11 in the series. I love to see the way they capture a different style of church each year and they are all so beautiful!










We have also started a tradition of buying the girls an ornament each year that reflects their personality or interest at the time.

This one is Kaylee's, it pretty much speaks for itself. When you open the locker it plays a tune from HSM3 and Kaylee loves it!












This is Campbell's ornament and is very appropriate since each morning she asks immediately after waking up if she can put on her dress-up clothes and watch a Barbie movie. The Diamond Castle movie has been her favorite for several weeks now. However, today she did sit on Santa's lap at school and tell him she wanted skaters like Annika and a rainbow blanket like Annika. ( I think she is the Barbie in the Pegasus movie.) The skaters are on their way only they are roller skates instead of ice skates and I am a little unsure where the rainbow blanket came from but I am sure Santa will figure something out. Why is it every year they always come up with something random at the last minute?









Here is our very traditional tree in the den. Each ornament on it reminds me of a beautiful memory. I just love it!
















This is the tree that the girls get to claim and decorate all on their own with their special ornaments. It resides int he playroom for them to enjoy each day.















These last two pictures are of two Christmas decorations my Nannie made herself. She was not one to be overly crafty so imagine my surprise and delight when she made these for me to have each year. They meant a lot to me then, but even more to me now that she has been gone from this earth for a quite a while. Neither of my girls got to know their Great Nannie but each year we get to talk about how my Nannie made those decorations and delight in their beauty and the wonderful memories flow from me to them. The joy of the season!










I suppose I had better leave the computer now to continue making my list and checking it twice.

Christmas cards mailed...check
Teacher gifts delivered...check
Candy made...maybe this weekend??
Locate Santa to make sure he has a rainbow blanket.
Get pictures with Santa.

I am sure there are many more items to attend to but that is all I can handle right now. Hope you are all staying warm and enjoying the spirit of Christmas!



post signature

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love your Christmas ornaments, Love the Christmas light parade, and love your Pink Dyson!!!! All of these things remind me of how much I miss you and what fun friend you are!

Anonymous said...

Very festive! Love teh church ones! This is Lisa BTW

The Walters' Family said...

Mollie absolutely adores the Diamond Castle movie, too. I think I have all the songs memorized, too. ;)

Leah said...

Beautiful! We have that same HSM ornament.