Image Map

May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009!

Well Mother's Day 2009 has now come and gone and I feel so blessed! It was great to have my parents and grandfather here and I was very glad my husband made it back in town on Saturday afternoon just in time for the festivities. The spoiling actually started on Saturday for me and the girls. Papa and Nana treated us to a yummy lunch at Red Robin, new bicycles for the girls, and a new top and jewelry for me. (Yes, the one in the picture) Even though it is really suppose to be a day when I get to shower my Mom with love and gifts, she always makes sure that I feel special too. That is just the way she has always been and I am so lucky to have a Mom who still continues to think of me all the time. I love you Mom! 
The rest of the day was spent watching the girls ride their new bikes and entertain us with lots of giggling. As you can see they were both very excited! Kaylee
 wanted a kickstand and a brake on the handle bars for her bike which is exactly what we got. Campbell wanted her bike to be pink and purple with Barbie on it. She was most excited that her real Barbie doll can ride on the handle bars with her. Thank you Target for always making our wishes come true;-)

On Sunday we went to church, ate a yummy lunch at Copper Creek (thank you again Honey for making reservations ahead of time), opened our presents, and enjoyed some Mother's Day cake before Papa and Nana headed back home. The girls got me the best Mother's Day cards and Kaylee made me a very sweet book about all the reasons she loves me. They also picked out a very pretty bracelet, picture for the wall, and some beautiful flowers. I felt very spoiled by my sweet family all day. Thank you all for the perfect Mother's Day!


Sunday evening the weather was beautiful so we ate hamburgers Cary grilled for us outside, Great Papaw and Kaylee played some basketball, and I went for a walk around the neighborhood while the girls rode their bikes. It was the perfect way to end the day.

I hope all my bloggy friends had a great Mother's Day too!

1 comment:

candice said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! Sounds like a special weekend with your sweet family!