Image Map

May 15, 2009

May Farm Field Trip

On Wednesday Campbell and I rode to May Farm with my sweet friend, Robyn, and her son Lane to experience the first grade field trip. I had never been to May Farm before so it was quite the experience. I knew we were in for an adventure when Robyn stopped at a gas station before we got there to take a restroom break and said "you won't want to go there". ( Come to find out there is an outdoor restroom of sorts so I was glad for the warning.) 
The buses arrived a few minutes after us and all the children were giddy with excitement just like I remember being as a child.



















On the list of activities for the field trip were holding an animal in their lap, feeding the many barnyard animals, taking a wild trailor ride, and riding the horse. We also got to have a picnic on the grounds which consisted of trying to keep dirt and flies off your food since the West Texas wind decided to show up that day in full force. The girls loved every minute of it though. Look at these smiles while holding the bunnies.

The girls were also thrilled to get to ride on the horse. I think they have my love of horses. Kaylee had fun riding with Evan and Campbell rode with her new friend Kate. It is always so fun to see Kaylee interacting with her school friends and loving her teacher. 



You can see from this picture of the three of us that it was windy because my hair is crazy. 

I love these two girls and am so thankful to be able to participate in fun outings with both of them. The look on Kaylee's face when she saw us was of pure joy!  I am truly blessed!

4 comments:

Traci said...

Cute pics. You look like a model with the wind in your hair!

I love talking to you! You made my Friday! :)

My word on the word verification below was busti!! HA!

Shelley said...

Great pictures. Your girls are growing so fast. They can come visit us in H-town and ride our horse, Jasper, anytime!!

Kristen OQ said...

That is so fun that they let you bring Campbell along for the field trip. Our school doesn't allow sibling to come into the classroom for anything (even on party days) which is pretty crummy and makes it nearly impossible to volunteer to help out in Sam's class.

Looks like it was a fun day! Can you believe school is almost out?!?!

Robyn said...

We had such a fun time! Glad we were able to ride together. Can't believe we are about to have 2nd graders!