School went along as scheduled with the exception of Campbell having an early release. We decided to take that opportunity to get Kaylee out a little early to avoid the road conditions later in the day and to have a little fun in the snow.

Yeah! I do not know who was more excited about playing in the snow, the girls or me? We started off with a snowball fight. Both Kaylee and Campbell loved it! Who knew running around the yard could be so much fun for the three of us.
Next we moved on to building a snowman. Well Kaylee and I built the snowman while Campbell cheered us on. Kaylee thought that the Bello hat from the circus was a nice touch and I have to agree. Campbell kept asking if our Frosty was going to come to life. I had to tell her "not so much."

Since we had so much fun building the first snowman we decided to go to the front yard and build a snow woman. We all played a part in building this one. Campbell wanted to put a princess crown on this one because she is a "Princess of the snow" according to Campbell.
Of course, we had to use some of the snow in the front yard to have another snowball fight too. There is nothing like snow to make you feel like a kid again even if you are 36;-)

I do not think the smiles on their faces could have been any bigger.
Even Oliver got in on the action. Can you find him in this picture?
A day in the snow would not be complete without making snow angels, right?
Before going inside to get warmed up we had one more snowball fight. We made so many wonderful memories together. This was the first time our girls got to play in the snow, or at least that they remember. (I think it snowed once when Kaylee was about one but she was too young to enjoy it. ) The only thing that would have made the day better is if Cary had been able to join us instead of being at work. Maybe next time it will snow on a Saturday or Sunday;-) I will definitely carry this day in my heart forever. The laughter, excitement, and pure joy just filled my spirit. I love my girls and feel so blessed to be their Mom. Thank you Lord for these two abundant gifts! My cup truly overfloweth.
After a quick bath the girls put on their new Valentine pajamas and Campbell was evidently worn out. I am sure that all three of us will sleep great tonight with pleasant dreams filling our minds.
No comments:
Post a Comment