Image Map

February 18, 2010

Valentine's Date

I have to say that this year will go down as one of my favorite Valentine's Days even though I felt less than stellar. First of all my sweet parents came into town to celebrate my birthday and watch the girls so Cary and I could go on a surprise date. I knew about a few of the details but most of them were kept from me.
Saturday morning before my parents arrived Cary left for an errand which turned out great for me and the girls.
I got my favorite sterling roses. We used them in our wedding and I just fell in love with them after watching the movie "Bed of Roses" many years ago.





Not to be left out the girls each got a rose from Daddy too. You would have thought he had given them the moon because they were both so excited. I love that he thought to spoil them a little too. My Dad still gets me a box of chocolates each year and I look forward to it so much. The special moments are not about the gift itself but the thought behind them. (Thanks dad for always remembering me.)




Now on to the date. My first clue that this was not our average date was that we left at 3:30pm with our friends Mark and Meredith. Turns out the only time Cary could get a reservation at Perini's was at 4:00pm so that was our first stop where Craig & April along with Mark & Kelly joined us. We had the best time just relaxing and talking with our precious friends. When we first moved to Abilene I wondered if we would ever have friends to spend good times with because the transition seemed to take forever. I am so happy to say that my cup runneth over with the friends God has placed in our life here. I definitely treasure moments like these more than I use to.
In case you have not figured it out our next stop was bowling. It was not just any bowling, it was bowling at the ACU bowling alley. Ha! I do not think I have bowled there since I took the class in college. We had a blast! There is nothing quite like bowling to bring out your funniest side.

(Mark & Meredith)

(Craig & April in the top picture, Mark & Kelly in the bottom picture)

Once we had finished two rounds of bowling we moved on to the Civic Center to see the comedian Gabriel Iglesias aka "The Fluffy Guy. A few of his opening acts were questionable but he was very funny without the language that some comedians use. Needless to say by the time we left I was sore from laughing and tired from all of the activities we had backed into our eventful day. Thanks friends for going with us! We had a blast!!


No comments: