We started the morning with cinnamon streusel muffins and hot chocolate. Does it get any better than that? Since the snow was coming down pretty hard and Campbell is getting over a virus I told them we would not go outside until after lunch. Believe it or not there was not one word of complaining. I think snow has a magical effect on my sweet girls.
After a lunch of grilled cheese and yummy soup we bundled up to head outside which I have learned is no small feat. It was such a blessing to hear Kaylee and Campbell's laughter and just expressions of pure joy! Since our last day of snow was not that long ago Kaylee had the list of things to do all ready:
1. Snowball fight
2. Make two Snowmen
3. Make snow angels
4. Make snow ice cream
My big girl does not miss a thing. Glad I had another can of Eagle Brand in the pantry or number four would not have happened.
This time we decided to put our Snow people together so that they would not be lonely according to Campbell. We also had to have a boy and a girl, or princess and hunter;-) They even have sticks for arms this time so we are getting better as we go. The only bad thing about playing in the snow is all the mess that gets tracked into the house and the wet clothes but i will take that trade off any day.
I am so blessed to be the Mom of these two precious girls. Due to the "life storm" that we have gone through the past few weeks with Jenny I have learned to really stop and be thankful for these moments that God sends us. To me today was a little gift from Heaven after receiving the news of Jenny's passing yesterday. I want my children to see me loving our family, friends, life, and Our Lord fully and completely each day in all that I do and say. There will be days that I fall short but God's grace is amazing and each day we get a new slate. Thank you Lord for my incredible husband and two beautiful girls. Our God is an Awesome God!
No comments:
Post a Comment