Image Map

March 31, 2010

Softball Opening Ceremonies 2010

Well we are off and running with our busy softball season. The official opener was last Friday night at 6:00pm and that is when the gusty West Texas winds decided to show up too. After the opening ceremonies we had an hour wait until our first game of the season. Kaylee was beside herself with excitement. When the time arrived for Venom to play all the girls were shouting with glee. You would have thought it was Christmas morning for Kaylee. I am glad she has found something that she loves so much. This year she is playing first base which is great because she gets a lot of action. I could tell after her first hit that this year is going to be great for her. She has her first year under her belt, she understand the game better, and her hitting is great! Each time she got up to bat she made at least base hit and I was so excited for her. The smile she gets on her face is worth a million dollars.




The first night they played two games back to back and Kaylee did great all night long. Doesn't she look ready to hit the ball out of the park? I am looking forward to a wonderful season for Kaylee. After the first two games she said that she was going to make the All-Star Team this year because she was "that good", nothing wrong with her self-confidence ;-)



Some how Campbell and I managed to not get blown away by the winds either.
However, we did look quite windblown as evident in this picture of Campbell.

In closing, if you need us for the next few months you can catch us at the ballpark.





No comments: