Image Map

December 11, 2010

NYC- Day 2


On Friday we got started with a little help from Starbucks and headed towards some shopping. Our plan was to make our way from our apartment to Bryant Park and hit all the shopping that looked good between the two places. We found H&M first which is not hard to do when they seem to be located on every corner. I have to mention that we seemed to draw attention where ever we went walking through NYC. I suppose they had never seen 13 Texas women at one time before;-) The next fun stop was definitely Bryant Park. There were so many little shops set up in the park along with the beautiful ice skating rink.
We found this great restaurant that had heat and a second level so we could enjoy the view of the rink and the park. Then we were refueled and ready to shop some more. If you are ever in Bryant Park you have to get the popcorn there. I got a bag of the carmel corn and it was the best popcorn I have ever eaten! There was also a beautiful carousel there to look at.
Once we were done there some of us headed back to Macy's. I had to get a few things my daughters had requested;-) Of course, I had to get an ornament as a momento of the trip for me too.
Let me just say if you go to NYC at Christmas definitely shop during the week if possible. Fridays at Macy's are insane. Let's just say I got what I needed and was done.

Next on the list was freshening up and heading to Radio City Music Hall to see the Rockettes. On the way there we got to see the famous Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree! It was such a beautiful sight. I think for a moment it took my breath away. Too bad there seemed to be about 5,000 other people with the same idea. Once we got to Radio City I was amazed at the beauty of the theatre. It is a sight to behold! They had it decorated for the holidays from top to bottom and the show was better than I had imagined. I wish I could have one set of those long legs. How do they kick like that? Wow!
After the show we were headed over to dinner at a restaurant called Park Avenue-Winter. The restaurant changes decor and the menu with the seasons. The only bad part about this evening was the blisters my high heeled boots rubbed on my feet because the walk ended up being further than our fearless leader thought. The food made everything better though.
By the end of this day some of my friends figured up that we had walked about 13 miles, that is not including all the trips in and out of the subway station. Let's just say my feet were happy to be relaxing and done at the end of the day.

No comments: