Image Map

December 13, 2010

Santa and Christmas lights


It is just not Christmas time around our house without looking at lights and getting a little chat with Santa. We decided that Saturday was as good a night as any so we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse before beginning our light tour at the Abilene State School. They have a little lighted avenue there along with some fun things to do inside including seeing Santa. (I still cannot believe that Christmas is upon us.) The girls always look forward to this tradition we have and so do the parents.
Santa was a big hit! The girls were grinning from ear to ear while talking with him and listening to him chuckle. Kaylee told me as we were waiting in line that she was going to ask him for a DS game instead of an iTouch because she did not want him to think she was spoiled. Where does she get this stuff? I have never said those words to her before. I just had to laugh to myself. Campbell of course stuck to her wish of getting Lotso Huggin Bear from Toy Story 3. I love my girls and it is so fun to see them enjoying all the magic of the season.
After checking out all the fun displays and sitting with Santa we headed around town to look at all the wonderful Christmas decorations with yummy eggnog shakes in hand of course. There were so may home that were decked out for the holidays. What fun memories once again.

No comments: