Image Map

June 13, 2011

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!!

Well we did it...I do not know how but we did!! Back in January I booked a trip to Walt Disney World for our family and we kept it a secret from our girls until the day of the trip. Thanks to our family and close friends who knew for keeping the secret also. I ordered Disney themed shirts, packed suitcases, made reservations, and ordered autograph books all without a single slip. The travel agent even sent all our documents in unmarked envelopes. The whole time the girls thought we were going to Tennessee because the groomer asked where we were going in front of the girls in March when I booked boarding so the first thing I thought of was Tennessee. Why you ask? Well one of my very best friends in the world lives there and I graduated from high school there so my cover was that we were going to see Kathy and her precious family. (Sorry Kathy, we really are going to make the trip soon.) The story was so believable that Kaylee did a state report on Tennessee and had charted all the areas of Tennessee she wanted to see along with the best tourist attractions for that area. It was pretty hilarious!! At this point in her nine year old life Kaylee felt everyone had been to Disney World and they had a ridden a plane so we have heard about wanting to go very often. However, we had her so convinced it was going to be a while before we went that she told us at dinner one night she was "over it" and Tennessee would be just as good. I about choked on my dinner.

Fast forward to June 5th at 4:15 am, yes you read that right. I booked an early flight so we could get to Florida in time to experience Downtown Disney a little the first day.
Cary got the video camera ready and we went to wake each of the girls up. I had placed some precious Minnie Mouse outfits on the couch in the den and Cary had printed a note saying, "Get dressed...we are going to Disney World!!" I figured Kaylee would know exactly what was going on when she saw the outfit but I guess it was a little too early to notice the Minnie Mouse on the shirt. They looked at the autograph books and still nothing. Then Kaylee read the note and got a huge smile on her face. She kept saying, "Really? Really?", followed by "Will we see Reid?" (Some of our good friends from church were also going the same week so she was wondering if we would see them.) Campbell just kept laying on the couch still in a sleepy state. Both girls got dressed quickly and we were on our way to the airport.

We landed in Dallas around 6:35 am and had some McDonald's for breakfast before catching our next flight to Orlando. Kaylee and Campbell both loved flying. I do not know if we will ever get them in the car for a long trip again;-) Through the whole trip Kaylee was over the moon excited and Campbell was laid back then bout ten minutes before we landed in Orlando that all changed. Campbell turned to me and in a semi loud voice exclaimed, "We are going to Disney World!!" Yes, we are sweet girl. Guess Campbell is not fully awake till around 11:00am, just another thing she gets from her mother;-) Yeah for having a Disney Day!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

What a fun story!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip....

Laura said...

That is so exciting. Can't wait to see pics from the trip.

Shelley said...

What great memories! That is what we did with our girls, too :) We surprised them... they had NO IDEA and we picked them up from school on the last day and headed out! They will never forget it!!!