Image Map

September 27, 2005

Conversations with Kaylee

Well we have now made it a few days without Cary and I think his little angel is missing him quite a bit. (Me too!)I think we are all spoiled to Daddy time around here. I am definitely glad he does not have a traveling job. Hats off to all the ladies in our class who do have husbands with traveling jobs!

On the way to Ladies Class this morning I decided to call Cary and let Kaylee talk to him because we were listening to Kelly Clarkson (aka Kelly Partner to Kaylee, I do not know why) and the song Since You've Been Gone came on the CD and Kaylee changed the words to Since Daddy's Been Gone... which I thought was hilarious. Since he is never gone it has been hard to explain to her why he is gone and why he cannot come back today. So she and Cary had the same conversation she and I have had for the past few days about airplanes, why he cannot come back early, where he is, where he is sleeping, are his friends there, etc... All she kept saying was "I want you to come home now!" Even Cary's attempt to distract her with surprises he has for her did not work. After an "I love you" with a pouty lip and sad eyes she handed me the phone and I hung up. Then I hear from the back seat "I am tired of being a broken family" again with the pouty lip and sad eyes.( this is a phrase from Lilo & Stitch) "What are you talking about?" I say. (Thoughts running through my head of how many people she would encounter today and say this phrase to and what would they think? Would Cary and I be signed up for counseling by the elders on Sunday?) After a long pause she said "Daddy is in Seattle and we are here in Sachse so we are a broken family." Oh well, I do not think we are a broken family Daddy is just away on business but he will be back soon. "We are still broken till he gets home" says Kaylee. Okay, you win. I did inform her teacher who happens to be one of the elders daughters that Cary was out of town in case Kaylee told her we were broken. I love my thoughtful and inquisitive daughter.

2 comments:

leslie said...

I am reading so many funny quotes from kids today! Kaylee is one smart girl. So funny....

Kristen OQ said...

She is a smart girl and comes up with funny things. I am so glad you are writing these stories down for us to read (and her too someday). They are priceless...