I have not blogged in a while because I have been burried in the study of our home labeling clothes and hanging clothes since Saturday. Finally today was the drop off day for the Just Between Friends consignment sale here in Dallas. It has been a long process but hopefully it will pay off with a BIG check in the end. Then I can go buy more clothes for the girls to fill up the already full closets. Isn't it a vicious cycle??
Today was Parents and Pasteries at Kaylee's school. She told me earlier in the week she wanted Daddy to come like last year. ( have I mentioned she is our "little elephant" who forgets nothing) She also wanted to get some books at the Book Fair which she had pre-selected on Monday with her teacher. She picked out the usual stuff for three year olds...Dora, Clifford, Franklin, and two books that had stickers in them. I did manage to talk her out of the Spiderman book that was on her list. She told me her "heart was happy" because her whole family went for breakfast at school. I almost cried.
Kaylee continues to love Sunshine School!! She told her teacher today that Daddy says "to always do your best". What about all of the things Mommy says? I already know who the Daddy's girl is around here. I am so glad they have such a great relationship. Kaylee continues to LOVE her baby sister and cannot wait to see her every morning and when she gets home from school. She likes to make her smile all the time too. She is growing up so fast. I thought the first year was suppose to be the fastest but we seem to loose track of time even more now. She is my sweet girl.
Campbell is getting bigger every day. She has been such a good sleeper lately...
I hate to say that because I am probably jinxing myself. It is amazing all you can get done with a sleepy baby. She continues to smile a lot and be a true joy.
Well I am off to get a few things done around here before I go shop the sale tonight. Wish me luck on some great bargains! Today is payday, right?
2 comments:
I love "daddy's girls." I was even a daddy's girl growing up, but it sure is different now that I am the mom. The closer it gets to bedtime at our house, the less Avery wants to do with me. If I hug her or kiss her, she says, "No Mommy, Daddy needs to put me to bed." I'm just waiting for Junior High when her dad starts to REALLY embarrass her--she'll come back to me.
We have a consignment sale here that one of the local churches sponsors and I have been knee deep in clothes, hangers, safety pins, & colored paper getting ready for it. It's not 'til the first of October so I have awhile longer to have it all out. I'm also hoping for the BIG check in the end of it!
Post a Comment