Image Map

September 18, 2005

A Quiet Sunday...

What is a quiet Sunday? I find myself wondering very often these days. I love my precious girls but there is rarely a quiet Sunday with the two of them and in the end I would not have it any other way.

Have you ever spent about an hour or so cooking something new for lunch thinking it will be so nice to sit down to a family dinner at the table for a change? ( since Cary usually is at work late we eat in shifts during the week) I had that thought today. Campbell was asleep and I thought how nice it would be to cook something new and all eat together. About the time the lunch was finished and I was placing the last plate on the table we hear a screaming "I am awake" cry from Campbell's room. Cary went to get her while I finished placing things on the table and getting Kaylee to sit down. Campbell is now having a bottle in Cary's lap and we are all seated and bowing our heads to pray when Kaylee announces "I have to go potty" which I follow with "can you wait a minute?" of course her answer is "no". Off she goes to the potty and Cary and I just laugh at what our lives have come to in only a few short months time. So much for a nice lunch with a conversation and no interruptions.

Fast forward to Sunday night after church. Campbell was a little fussy during church but I just thought a clean diaper would fix it. Not the case. As soon as we left the church parking lot Campbell started to scream and I do mean scream. Kaylee tried to entertain her by acting crazy and laughing which worked for all of 3 minutes. The screaming started again which Kaylee followed with singing and laughing even more loundly.( Did I mention that I had a headache before we ever left the house?) At one point Cary and I just looked at each other and laughed. At least we still have our sense of humor...you have to right? Also it should be noted that we live about a 25-30 minute drive from church which felt like an eternity tonight. Then I had the idea that maybe she was hungry even though it had only been two hours since her last feeding so we decided to stop at Whataburger to eat and quiet her with a bottle. This did not work either so we got the food to go and listened to five more minutes of screaming on the way home. Once home after a nice dose of Mylicon all seemed to be good in Campbell's world. After a nice dose of Tylenol all is good in my world too. I cannot wait till tomorrow to see what the day brings.

Hopefully someone had a calmer Sunday. In the end I would not change a thing, we are truly blessed.

3 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Sundays often prove to be one of the toughest days in my week. Sometimes I leave church not having any idea what the sermon was about and not having attended Sunday School, and I wonder why I got dressed up and fixed my hair.

Kristen OQ said...

One day girls (like once our kids are in college) we will have a nice Sunday again? Maybe?

Sundays are definitely the worst days for us at our house...everybody is out of whack and weird the entire day.

I will wear jeans and a ponytail if you do?

Mae said...

Isn't life w/ a newborn crazy? I love every minute of it, but there are definitely times that I wish I could trasport us all home in the blink of an eye!