Image Map

November 15, 2005

Prayers for the Day...

I do not even know where to begin this week because it is only Tuesday and so much has happened....

I am going to start with my dear friend Amy who is caring, giving, sweet spirited, a devoted wife, mother, daughter, and friend. She is one of those people who would do anything for you in a pinch. Amy found out on Sunday that her Mom had been taken to the emergency room with pneumonia. Since that time she has had several complications which moved the doctors in the direction of placing her in a drug enduced coma. She continues to fight this battle today and is in great need of many prayers. So if you happen to be reading this please say a prayer for Carol and the rest of Amy's family. I found myself struggling today when visiting with Amy at the hospital because as a woman we want to fix things and make it better. Isn't that what we spend a lot of our day doing? (especially if you have small children at home) I just wanted to take her pain away. This thought made me reflect on the Ladies Bible Study lesson we talked about today. We are studying The Patriarchs of the Bible. One of the women brought up how hard it is to keep from trying to manipulate an outcome in a given situation and how when we do try this it may have the outcome we want for a little while but it does not stick unless it is God's will. This caused me to think of all the times I have prayed specifically for something and forgotten to follow the prayer with "let thy will be done". Is that me trying to manipulate an outcome? I believe that I probably do at times. Why is it so hard to pray "thy will be done"? I know God has my best interest at heart but I fear the outcome at times. I suppose that is just part of human nature, something for else for me to work on.

My other thought for the day is of a friend who is a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend, mentor, and the list could continue for a while but I will stop here. My sweet friend did not get the outcome we were hoping and praying for with her first Xray and will undergo an MRI this evening to review the situation further. Please pray that she does not have to go through anymore surgery if it be God's will. She has such a kind heart and spirit.

Please lift both of my friends up in prayer tonight because they need to feel God's loving arms around them giving them peace and comfort.

I pray that all of my friends and family know how important they are to me and how much I love and value our relationships. May you each always know the place you have in my heart!

Sorry for the rambling at times but it has been a long day.

2 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

Erica,
Thank you so much for your sweet blog and for your continued prayers for me. It means so much and I am so thankful for your friendship! I know that our continued prayers for Amy and her family will give her strength and peace as well. You're such a good friend to all of us....

leslie said...

We have a devotional/staff meeting at work on Wednesday mornings. Both of these girls were covering in prayer this morning.
You are a good friend to them and to so many others Erica.
I hope today is not as long of a day for you.