Image Map

June 6, 2006

8 YEARS!!!!

It is so hard to believe that Cary and I have been married for EIGHT YEARS today. Being back in Abilene it is so funny to see where we went on our first date, where Cary proposed (unfortunately the tree is now gone so they can expand the zoo), and where we first lived as husband and wife. Time has just flown by especially since having our two precious girls. I have to say we are more in love today than we were back then. I knew from the first time I met Cary that he was the one. We shared the same love for the Lord, desire to have a family, and belief in putting each other first. There were so many qualities that I wanted my husband to have and Cary far exceeded them all. I think I realized just how amazing that he is once we had our girls. He is a wonderful father!! After working all day he still has the energy to swing Campbell around and play games with Kaylee. He always encourages me to have some "girltime" and never complains. We can complete each others thoughts and sentences to the point that it is scary at times. He always puts us first. He is truly wonderful!! I am so glad that I found THE ONE, my soulmate, and my best friend. We are the perfect compliment to each other. I cannot wait to see what the rest of our life has in store for us. I love you now and forever!!

We have a date planned tonight thanks to James, Leslie, and Kaitlyn babysitting for us. I am looking forward to an evening alone with my sweet husband.

11 comments:

leslie said...

Yay! I love date nights!! I hope ya'll have a wonderful evening! Stay out as late as you want!
Since Cary is so supportive of girltime - we need to go shopping again soon!

Jacinda said...

He sounds wonderful! Congratulations!

Jenni said...

Oh my - so hard to believe it has been 8 years! Congrats -- and blessings on many more to come!

hollyfouts said...

Congratulations! It is funny to me to think back about those newlywed days and what I was doing, thinking, etc. (And I haven't even made it to 8 years yet!) But marriage really does get better and better over the years. I hope you have a great date tonight with your wonderful husband and many, many more years of all the happiness life has to offer.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Happy Anniversary, Cary and Erica! It is so hard to believe that we have ALL been married this long...I guess that means we're getting OLD! I'm so blessed to have known both of you for that many years, and to now know your sweet precious girls too. I hope you enjoy your evening out! :)

Kristen OQ said...

I just looked on my calendar and say that today was your anniversary! Enjoy your special date night together!

Traci said...

Happy Anniversary my sweet friend! I am so glad that I have gotten to know you because you pretty much treat your friends as well as your husband!!

I love you and your whole family and I hope you have a wonderful night celebrating!!

Landrea said...

I must agree - he's an amazing guy, but I am a little prejudice. He's blessed to have you too and I am so glad you are a part of our family. Happy Anniversary!! I love you guys!!

Candice said...

Happy Anniversary!

courtney said...

Happy anniversary! I hope y'all had a great time!

Alyssa said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 8 wonderful years together!