Image Map

June 11, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy

From last Thursday till now I feel like we have been going non-stop. On Thursday Kaylee had her first gymnastics class here and it went GREAT!! Kaylee was so excited because two of her friends from school were in her class. I think she was especially excited about Reid. She has a little crush on him. Campbell even enjoyed playing in the large waiting area and watching Kaylee. Considering the lessons last an hour I was very proud of her. I tried to take a few picture but they turned out too dark so I will try again this week. After gymnastics we had time to run home and Kaylee changed into her swimsuit while I gave Campbell her milk bottle. (I decided to start her on milk this past week and see how it went and she did super.) Once we rounded up the towel and cover up we were off to ACU for swiming lessons. I am so proud of the progress Kaylee has mde in just a few days. She will even hold her breath and put her head under the water for more than a few seconds.


On Friday Kaylee skipped swim lessons to her friend Matthew's birthday party. They went to see CARS !! Kaylee was so excited. The movie was really cute. Thankfully Cary watched Campbell at his office so Kaylee and I could enjoy the movie with no interruptions. I am just not ready to see if Campbell likes the movies by myself. Kaylee got a little collectible Lightening McQueen car and a CARS matching game too. After the movie we went to McDonald's for a happy meal and a treat for Cary. When I got to the office all the "ladies" as Kaylee calls them said Campbell had been great so it was a successful afternoon for all!!

Saturday I caught up on some chores around the house, bought stuff to attempt to make Campbell's birthday cake, and did a little Father's Day shopping. I was exhausted by the time I got home and was trying to decide what to cook for dinner when the phone rang. It was the Baileys asking us to go to Abuelos and my alvacado enchiladas were wonderful. It was a perfect way to end the night.

Today we were off to church. Shana and I had a lot more kids in class than we did last week and it was a little more eventful. Campbell and Kaylee both had a good time in class and Cary even cooked lunch. Meals are always great when you do not have to cook them. Tonight we had Sheperding Group at the Walter's which consisted of visiting, swimming, and eating. The girls are now in bed gettitng ready for another exciting week. Kaylee gets to see her friend Lexi from Dallas this week because they are going to VBS at the church where Lexi's grandfather preaches. Then we are off to our last week of swim lessons and Campbell's birthday on Friday. I am off to rest up for the week.

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

I took swimming lessons at the ACU pool! I remember being so scared that it was 12 FEET DEEP!

Candice said...

Now I'm hungry for Abuelo's!

Kristen OQ said...

Campbell is going to be a year old...wow! That has gone by so fast. Have a fun week!

mcjacobsjournal said...

Have a fun week with Lexi, Kaylee! We will miss you for VBS here! I'm glad you had a fun weekend. I always love reading your updates of your family fun. :)

And, I'm so proud of Kaylee and her swimming! Kendyll starts next week, and I'm a little worried that we'll end up with nightmares again....hopefully she'll be big and brave like Kaylee. I'm going to show her these pictures and hope that she wants to be just like her sweet friend in Abilene!