Image Map

June 5, 2006

Relaxing

Well we had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Our goal was to do as little as possible and I believe that we achieved it. On Saturday night we went to swim at one of our friends Aunt's house. I have never seen such a large pool in someone's backyard. There were a few other couples from our class over there too. The pool felt wonderful and the food was great. Kaylee had a wonderful time swimming all over the pool with her floaties on. Most of the time she was following her new friend Kade who was 11 years old. My girl likes those older men. He was so sweet to put up with her. Campbell had her first trip in the pool too. I was a little leary after how much Kaylee use to hate it at her age but Campbell LOVED the water. She even road in her little float without a single tear. Her favorite thing was to float next to someone, lean sideways, and splash them with water. It would just crack her up. The evening was great because we all had a good time with some new friends and Cary was happy because he did not have to get in the water at all. He would rather sit and talk baseball with Paul which is fine. After such an exciting evening for the girls they were happy to go to bed and get some much needed rest before church.

Sunday morning I began my first of many Sundays to teach the two year olds at our church. They were all so precious. A few cried for their parents but after the lesson started they were fine. Shana and I had a lot of fun teaching together. I was a little worried about Campbell who was two doors down being in a new class with a new teacher but she did great! I did not hear her cry once and anyone that knows us knows Campbell has a cry that can be heard around the building if she is really mad. Kaylee had a great class too. She was just happy she got to take home a new balloon to play with. After a quick lunch at Red Lobster we were off to the house for naps and relaxing. Who knew my four year old would like lobster and crab legs???

Today Kaylee started swim class at ACU. She did so good. I was so proud considering how much she disliked the water two years ago...we have come a long way. They practiced floating on their backs and kicking their feet while holding on to their teachers shoulders. Kaylee actually was not ready to leave. It was like a sauna at the pool because it is inside so I think Campbell and I lost a few pounds too from all the sweating. I will have to post pictures tomorrow because I forgot the camera today. After the swim lesson we went to lunch with Cary at McDonald's. He got to see the last few minutes of Kaylee's lesson too. She told him he would have to come earlier tomorrow. I think she is getting use to having Daddy around a lot more than he was in Dallas which is a great thing!!

Well I am off to do a few things around the house before I go to BUNKO tonight. Some girl time is going to be great!!

2 comments:

leslie said...

What a fun weekend! I have GOT to start a Bunko group. None of my friends at Highland do that - and I totally miss it!! Maybe I will just come crash ya'lls party sometime!

Looking forward to tomorrow night!

Traci said...

I am so happy that Kaylee loves the pool this year! Campbell, too! It sounds like you are having so much fun in Abeline. Don't forget about your poor little Sachse friends!! It's just not the same without you here to make me do stuff!