Image Map

June 27, 2006

Fun! Fun! Fun!

The best 32 hour trip ever!! My friend from college and beyond, Lisa and I went to Dallas Market to get some things for her store. We left at 7:30am on Saturday with Starbucks in hand to begin the journey. We arrived at the Doubletree Hotel around 10:00am, parked the car, and got on a shuttle to take us to the land of milk and honey. I just have to say I love Dallas Market!! There are so many things that it is a little overwhelming...okay a lot overwhelming. What is better than snacking and shopping at the same time? All the exhibitors were so nice and helpful. On Saturday we just browsed and gathered information to ponder later that evening. After six hours of continuous shopping and information overload we went back to the hotel to process and talk. At 7:00pm we left the hotel to meet some of my best friends for dinner at Benihana. It was the best feeling to walk in and see everyone. I felt as if I was "back home" with all my friends whom I love so dearly. The conversations were constant, food was delicious, but the view of all their faces was the most wonderful part. Lisa had a good time meeting everyone and being able to put a face with the names she hears so often. It was a night full of good times. The party broke up at around 9:45pm and we returned back to the hotel. Lisa and I watched Rumor has It which I have to say was a big letdown. Then we talked ourselves to sleep.

Sunday we ate breakfast and headed back to Market to purchase the things we thought would sell the best in her shop. It was so much fun!! When the shipments come in it will be just like Christmas. I am especially excited about the cute squeaky shoes I ordered for Campbell and the store. Maybe they will encourage her to walk since she has almost grown out of the ones Amy M. gave us and is not walking yet. I think we are going to try to venture into some smocked outfits soon too. Fun! Fun! Fun! I am already looking forward to the next trip. (Maybe the next trip will be a little longer so some more of my sweet girlfriends can join us for dinner or something. I miss and love all of you girls so much!!!) Around 5:00pm we returned home to happy faces and loving hugs.
Pictures from the dinner will be below since blogger would not cooperate with me:)

3 comments:

Traci said...

I had a great time and I am so glad that you got everyone together! You have a way of being the best party leader ever!! Lisa was just about the sweetest!!

Are you back to the grindstone today? How many loads of laundry have you done??

mcjacobsjournal said...

I wanna go to Market!!! I'm so sad that I missed the fun friend dinner. We always have such a good time, and I know you must have had a blast catching up with everyone. Tell Lisa hi too---I was bummed to miss visiting with her too!

I'm glad you had a great trip to Big D. :)

Amber Smith said...

That sounds like so much fun! I have always wanted to go to Market. I am glad you guys had a good time. We met some of our old friends from PC last week too. It was so wonderful to get to catch up with everyone again.