Image Map

June 19, 2006

Birthday Party Time

Well I am just going to warn everyone that this post will be a long one. We had to fit in Campbell's Birthday and Father's Day into one weekend and it was packed full of fun!!

On Friday we went to Pizza Hut and Sam's for Campbell's Birthday so it was a big day. (ha,ha) We decided to finally breakdown and buy a DVD player for the car so we would have it for long trips. It worked like a charm too. I think that was the first time I have ever gone to Sam's and only purchased one thing.

Saturday we left for Waco to celebrate Campbell's Birthday and Father's Day with my parents. Campbell woke up at 6:50am and still did not go to sleep in the car the whole three hour drive. that girl! After arriving at my parents house Kaylee looked out the backdoor to find a swingset that Papa had put together just for the girls. The expression on Kaylee's face was priceless. She had so much fun swinging and Campbell did too. After a little while GG, Aunt Trudy, and my Cousin Duncan arrived to get hte party started. We cooked out, visited, ate and then the big moment arrived THE CAKE. I was not sure how Campbell would do but she was hilarious. She started by picking at the frosting very carefully. After about 3 minutes she figured out what she was eating and dug in with both hands and pulled out big pieces of cake. The I suppose she was tired of getting her hands dirty so she picked the whole cake up and put it up to her face. Too funny!! As you can tell from this picture she had a wonderful time. Next came the presents which she seemed to like. Each gift was fun for her and she really wanted to play instead of moving on th the next package. Everyone was sweet to bring Kaylee some treats too so she would not feel left out. Both girls got some fun things and some treasures to keep forever. I think one of her favotire things from the party were the James Avery boxes that she carried around for a while. What baby girl doesn't need James Avery, right? Or Big girl for that matter. After the presents were over the girls went to play in the pool. For some reason blogger will not let me load pictures of that so I will put them in flicker. After pool time the girls got ready for bed and all of our family returned home. Thanks again to all of them for making Campbell's first birthday a real treasure!

4 comments:

hollyfouts said...

I see Madame Alexander boxes too....those are Avery's favorites (but she also loves her JA charm bracelet--both staples of little girlhood)! Glad the girls had a great weekend!

Traci said...

LOVE the picture with cake all over her face. I want to hear more about the weekend!!

That dvd player will be a big hit on trips. Glad you finally broke down and gave in!!

It seems like just yesterday that y'all were helping us celebrate number one with Riley. I wish I could have been there!!!

Kristen OQ said...

The picture of Campbell and her birthday cake is so cute!

We couldn't live without our DVD player in the car (okay, we could technically live without it, but I would be an insane woman!). They are so nice to have on car trips.

Candice said...

Gotta love the first birthday cake! Awesome picture!