Image Map

January 9, 2007

Back on Track

Well today started being back on schedule around our house. I cannot believe that it is already 2007! I cannot believe that in August I will have a daughter in kindergarten! I cannot believe that my baby is already 18 months old! Where exactly does the time go?

I have to admit that I was a little worried about starting back to school today, not for the girls but for me! If you have ever taught school you know how the kids are the day after a long break or any holiday for that matter. You expect the worst but hope for the best. I am sure it was the prayer I said with the girls in the car! The kids were actually good! That is not to say I wanted to stay another hour or didn't leave tired:) The girls were both so glad to see their teachers. It just makes your heart smile to know how loved they feel even when I am not there. Thanks Caren, Tiffani, and Lauren for loving my girls.

Since we are in a New Year I have decided against resolutions. They just never seem to work out so I am just going to try to be more conscious of a few areas in my life that I need to improve. One of the major ones is prayer. I need to make it more of a priority and not get caught up in the same prayers each day that do not always come from deep in my soul. It felt so good to have a moment to pray with the girls in the car before school so that our day could start off right. It is so cute to see Campbell reach for someones hand and bow her little head then get so excited about the "Amen". Kaylee says such sweet prayers and really puts a lot of thought into it most of the time. Prayer time is something I definitely want them to remember us doing through out their life. I definetly want to be a prayer warrior.

Well I will try to include blogging more into the things I am getting back on track with. Tomorrow is Gymnastics, laundry, and church. I am sure it will be a wonderful day:)

5 comments:

Holly said...

Our kids were better than expected too! I always dread the day after Christmas, but it went pretty well.

Alyssa said...

I am with you.... time is going SO fast!!! I can't believe that Kaylee is about to be in K... I remember when that little baby surprised us by being a little girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to finally know where your blog is! Nicole gave it to me..hope thats ok. =) I am with you on the prayer thing. Sometimes it is so easy to just get caught up in saying the "same" prayer & not digging to find out what is really on your heart.

Our kids were all great for it being the 1st day back as well! YCW is blessed w/ some great teachers..one including yourself. =) My little Dylan sure enjoys his class, and you play a big part in that...so thanx to YOU too. =)

Nicole said...

Our kids were great except the 30 minute nap that everyone THOUGHT they were going to take. We forced an hour on some of them. Hee Hee.

I need to be better about prayer too. I know what you mean about your girls praying. When my girls say a prayer it is really thought out and sincere. Not that mine are'nt but you know what I mean

lauren said...

I missed not getting to see y'all over Christmas break. I tried to look over at one point during church, and I think all I could see was Cary. Right aftewards we rushed out to get Santa pictures. At least I can see y'all in blogwold, though! You're girls are getting so big and are so precious!

I was glad to get the first week back at MDO over with. Tuesday was crazy and made me exhausted, but today was much better!