Our beloved dog Chester passed on today. He was our first major purchase after Cary and I got married in 1998. Poor Cary, I hounded him for weeks about getting a Yorkie. He was a sweet little puppy. Easy to train to go outside and various other commands. He made the move from Abilene to Dallas without a hitch. He was my steadfast companion when Cary was gone or working late. Once we decided to have a baby we were not sure how he would react to Kaylee when we brought her home in 2001, but he adored her from the beginning. He was always close to where ever she was playing or wandering. He never failed to bark profusely when he thought she was doing something that she should'nt. Usually that meant she was climbing on the couch, bed, or getting into the bathroom cabinets. This trend continued when Campbell was born too. He loved to curl up in Kaylee's chair and sleep the day away. Unfortunately Chester became diabetic in 2003 and we had to start giving him insulin twice a day along with special food. He seemed to be doing great over the past few years. Still playful like a puppy, our fearless protector, and loyal companion. There were days when he got on my nerves like when he ate most everything in the bathroom trash can, but I definitely would not change a thing. He was one of a kind. We will miss you buddy!
7 comments:
I'm so sorry, Erica. He was a cute little thing! I know y'all will miss him, but it sounds like y'all will have great memories of him.
Aww..I'm so sorry to hear that. Animals can become such a huge part of the family, so it is hard when you lose one.
I am so sorry for your loss. We just got our first puppy and that is already a concern. I just thing that it will be so hard to lose her. (Even though mine gets on my nerves too, I think that is normal!!) We will be saying a prayer for ya'll today.
I'm sorry, Erica. My parents' dog was also diabetic and he passed away Christmas Eve while we were staying there. I'm sure he will be missed by your whole family.
I hate to hear that, Erica. I have lost a couple of dogs in my lifetime and I know it really hurts your heart. Sending sympathies your way...
Aww Erica! I'm sorry to hear about Chester. Kaitlyn will be sad to not see him next time she comes over. I know your family will miss having him there.
I'm so, so sorry to hear about Chester. I remember when we all just had our dogs as our babies before the real babies came along. I think we got Chester and Annie around the same time.
I know he was well-loved by all four of you. And, I know it must be sad for you all. :(
Post a Comment