Well I should know better than to think things cannot get any worse, right? Here is a breakdown of our last few days:
Friday night- Chester (our Yorkie) starts having diabetic seizures. The roads are icy, our vet is closed, and it is $75+ to even walk in the door of the emergency vet clinic in town. Cary talks to the Vet on call and is convinced that a little extra insulin will be the trick. Chester goes to sleep and does not act weird all night.
Saturday- Roads are still icy according to the weatherman and Chester starts acting weird again. Cary goes to a local vet (not our because ours is closed on Saturday) and they determine it would be best to put Chester to sleep. Have you ever tried to explain this to a 5 year old? Here are the types of questions I got...Did Chester's spirit go to Heaven? How will I see him in Heaven one day if my spirit goes to Heaven and it does not have eyes? Does Chester have family in Heaven? Of course, the whole time Campbell is standing at the back door going "Cheshure, Cheshure"! It was an image that would have brought a tear to anyone's eye. Things calm down a little and I promise Kaylee we will go get a fish as soon as the ice is gone. I escape to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. Cary is left to hold down the fort.
Sunday- We wake up to find that our church is the only one in town still having service so we begin getting dressed. The roads are a lot better than the parking lot. After church we went to eat with some friends then Kaylee and I went to see High School Musical performed at the Paramount Theatre. She loved the performance by all the children and I even got to chat with Summer a little who happened to be sitting beside us. Once the show was over I figured that as long as we were out we mine as well go to PetsMart for a fish. Kaylee was so excited!! We came home with a small aquarium and two goldfish. She chose to name them Hoppers and Bubbles. Who knows where that came from? I have explained that fish do not live forever but they can be replaced. Hopefully they will at least make it for a few weeks.
Monday- Campbell woke up at 1:00am and stayed up till 3:30am with me. I decided she must not feel good..maybe an ear infection it is so hard to tell. Cary drove us to the doctor on the icy roads which I was so glad that the office is around the corner and not across town. We walked out of the office with a very sore throat, wet cough, runny nose, runny eyes, and the determination that I should give her the medicine I already have at home. UGH! I have already called in a sub for me at school tomorrow so I can stay home with Campbell...what's one more day inside when I am already going insane. The topper is that I somehow managed to chip a porcelain crown so a trip to the dentist will be on the agenda now! I am off to leave a message for the Dentist. Hopefully the rest of you are having a better time than us:)
6 comments:
I am SO sorry that you are having some more than trying days. This too shall pass, which sometimes helps to think about and sometimes not. I wish I had some better advise. I just hate that you are having a hard time.
I AM glad that you got to see HSM. I thought it was great too. We will miss you tomorrow. I hope Campbell feels better soon too.
Hey... Sorry you are having a rough time right now. As the new song goes, "God is great, but sometimes life ain't good!" We were suppose to go to High School Musical too on Saturday with about 20 friends from around the area for a mother/daughter day. We had had it planned since the Nutcracker... anyway, the weather ruined that for us! We couldnt drive the two hours in the weather and were scared of the way things would have been after the performance. How was it??? May girls were so disappointed!! Keep your head up.............
Well...I can't say that we are having a better time than you! I caught the awful stomach bug last night around midnight..and have battled it all day today..and still as I sit here now! So...we will both be missing school tomorrow!
I am so sorry to hear about your last few days. That image of Campbell calling out to your dog did make me want to cry! I feel so bad for you guys. Losing a pet is so hard. Things will look up friend...just remember tomorrow when you are going crazy being cooped up for ONE more day..that I'm right there w/ ya..doing the same thing. =)
I am just now reading about sweet Chester. I know this is hard for your family -- pets are like members!
Hope things start getting better...
FYI hermit crabs can be replaces when they die without children being any the wiser, I'm sure it can work with fish
I am so sorry your weekend was crazy and sorry to hear of your family losing Chester :( Hope the dentist goes well. Things can only look up right?! Hope your week gets better.
Post a Comment