Image Map

December 17, 2007

A Little Early Christmas

The other night we celebrated our family Christmas a little early. For several years now we go ahead and open gifts from the girls to us, us to the girls, and the girls to each other. We first decided to surprise the Kaylee and Campbell with dinner at one of their favorite places which is Cracker Barrel. I cannot blame them because they do have the best pancakes. We were all very excited to be celebrating together and enjoyed a very good meal. Next on the agenda was a drive around town to look at Christmas lights. It has been so much fun this year to see the excitement on both girls faces about the Christmas season. Comments from the back seat included..." Awesome!, Cool!, I see lights out Campbell's window, I see lights out Kaylee's window, look at lights, I see Santa!, I see more Snowman! Choo Choo train right there!" and those were just from Campbell. Kaylee's comments included..."Look that Snowman looks like the real Frosty! That house has the same snow globes on both sides. I love all the beautiful lights. Why would some people not put lights up because they look so pretty? I love Christmas time. This is great family time! Wow! Those are a lot of lights...that must have taken a long time". After driving around for about an hour it was time to head home to open gifts. Campbell has really gotten into the opening of gifts this year. Both of our girls actually like some of the same things this year too which would include Littlest Pet Shop stuff and stuffed puppies. Kaylee's stuffed puppy was of course a Webkinz and Campbell's included a puppy in a kennel with pet doctor stuff. Those were the gifts that the girls picked for each other and I thought they did a pretty good job. I also found a Day by Day easy read Bible for Kaylee which she loved and Campbell got a little hard back Bible with various Bible stories in it. The most important story to her was about Noah because that is her favorite one right now.


Here is Campbell doing one of her other favorite things which is combing Mommy's hair with the brush she got for her stuffed puppy. We had a really special time together and the girl really got into giving Daddy and Mommy their gifts too.


Thank you Lord for times like these when we can just slow down for a minute and enjoy the memories we are making together. I love these precious faces and the spirits that are behind them.

7 comments:

Jenni said...

we always did our family Christmas early before we left on our travels....it was more special that way with just the four of us.

Alyssa said...

I love catching up on the busy life of the Beards! It sounds like you are having such a fun Christmas... I wish I could have been at Kaylee's concert. They all look so cute!

Nicole said...

Goodness! I had a lot to catch up on. The Polar Express train ride sounds like so much fun! I've heard other people who went as well and loved it, too. I guess I need to get in the loop and do these fun holiday things around town.

An early Christmas sounds great...ours begins on Friday and I can't wait! Really Christmas is the whole month of December...why not open presents early?

Shelley said...

How fun!!! Merry Christmas...

Whitney said...

I love riding around and looking at Chrismtas lights. Have a Merry Christmas!

Nicole said...

Wow. You have done alot since I have been gone. :) That Polar Express Train sounds amazing. Who wouldn't have fun on that?? Your girls are beautiful!!! Merry Christmas!!

Traci said...

The girls look so beautiful and so do you! I always love seeing their smiling faces.

Merry Christmas!