Image Map

December 1, 2007

Pottery Painting Birthday

Well I am still behind so you may get to see a few posts in one day:-) This post will be about Kaylee's much anticipated birthday party. After changing her mind no less than five times about the kind of party she wanted to have we finally settled on a location. She decided to have a pottery party like her friend Kylie. I found the cutest invitations by Picture Perfect and we were off. Several of her friends were able to make the party, as well as my parents and grandfather so she was on cloud nine. Of course, since it was a painting party I commissioned the men to stay home with Campbell because a two year old in a pottery place just did not sound like a day of fun for me. All the children picked their own piece of pottery to paint which was so fun because you could see their personalities coming through in their choices. Some of the children were very meticulous about their painting and some were free spirits but they were all quiet for at least thirty minutes. Seriously you could have heard a pin drop. I had to keep from giggling at the sight of it. After they were all done painting it was time for some cupcakes! I got primary colored ones so they left some pretty interesting looking faces.



One of the highlights for Kaylee was opening all of her presents. She loved everything that she got and amazingly enough there were no repeat gifts. Kaylee is so blessed by all of these precious friendships which in turn blesses me because so many of thier mothers are good friends of mine. I just love all of these precious little faces.
Here is Kaylee's painted heart box. Good job sweet girl! I cannot wait to see what type of party next year will bring.

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

I wish we had a place like that around here-looks like lots of fun!

Robyn said...

Anna had such a great time at the party. She was so excited to get her pottery back to display in her room! I think we have a couple of artists on our hands!!

Shelley said...

WHAT A FUN PARTY!! My girls would LOVE that...