After the last Christmas Eve festivities it was time to get the girls ready for bed. Cary helped them pick out cookies and pour a glass of eggnog (evidently our Santa likes that) just for Santa.

Then I helped Kaylee write a note to Santa telling him about what good girls she and Campbell had been. It was really cute! Next it was time for Daddy to read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to the girls before bedtime. They both just sat there and listened, I do not know if it was out of exhaustion or if they were both really into the story. Neither girl put up a fight but went right to sleep in anticipation of the next morning.

On Christmas morning Kaylee
actually slept until 8:00am!! Campbell had to be woken up to join in on the festivities so the first few pictures of her opening her stocking stuff she is sitting in my lap trying to wake up. It usually takes her about 15 minutes to full be awake and aware of things around her. Both girls were very excited about all the presents and the audience there to watch them.


Kaylee did not give Santa a very big list this year...well at least not a consistent one. The only things on her list repeatedly were the Hannah Montana doll that sings "Best of Both Worlds" and a glow in the dark Care Bear. These were the only things left that were not on a family list so Santa had to think of a few things he thought she would enjoy. I have to say that he did a great job with all the presents for Kaylee.

Two of her favorite gifts from Santa were the Disney Mix Stick (an MP3 Player basically) and a flying airplane. The airplane was requested out of the blue about two days before Christmas by Kaylee. She said that she wanted one so Daddy could fly his remote controlled helicopter and she could fly her remote controlled airplane with him as a special time together. If that wasn't the sweetest reason ever. Somehow Santa ended up bringing the plane. I am so glad he did because this face made it all worth it. Have you ever seen a more excited face? I think Kaylee was done opening gifts in about 30 minutes and was busy playing away while Campbell was still unwrapping.

Here is Campbell moving at her own pace. Just as the day before she wanted to open ever box and take the toys out to play with them before opening the next present. I think that the process took about an hour for her. She loved each think and was so excited they were hers. It was fun to watch her get the opening presents process down this year. I am sure that she will enjoy things even more next year when she understands the magic of Santa even more. She kept saying Santa's sleigh each time she saw any picture of Santa. A few of her favorite things were the Care Bear, baby Alive that wets only, and the Little People School bus.

Campbell playing with her School bus.
Kaylee trying to figure out what to play with next out of her loot.
Christmas morning went great! There are a few pictures on my list to make sure we take next year like one of our whole family together and one of the girls under the tree Christmas morning before opening their presents. Maybe I will get a better camera this year so that we can take more pictures faster. Yes, that is a hint to my sweet Husband:) The present opening was followed by a delicious breakfast.
This is hands down my favorite picture of our girls from Christmas. It just shows their love for each other after all is said and done at the end of the day.
6 comments:
that is impressive if that photo was actually taken at the end of the day! I don't think I ever liked my sister that much after a whole day! :-)
I loved reading your Christmas stories. Your girls look ADORABLE!! They are growing up way too fast!
I loved all of the Christmas blogs. I can't believe Campbell's curly hair, it's beautiful! Ok, maybe I'm partial to curly hair, but it's still beautiful on her. :-) I'm so jealous that Kaylee got a Snoopy Sno-Cone machine...ask her if she'll whip me up a sno cone when the weather turns warmer. Such a fond memory of my own childhood and one of my favorite toys of all time!
Looks like you had a great Christmas! Kaylee is always smiling :) So cute and happy!!! Happy New Year. Oh and yes, the cookies looked delicious!
I enjoyed reading about your Christmas. So glad your holiday was bright! Happy New Year.
Looks like you all had a great Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful 2008. Anna said she saw Kaylee in the cafeteria the other day and she noticed Anna had lost some teeth. Anna was so excited she noticed. The four of us need to get together for a mom/daughter girls night out. Wouldn't that be fun!
Post a Comment