Image Map

June 8, 2009

11 Years!!

Well another year of wedded bliss has come and gone;-) I cannot believe that I have been married to my best friend for 11 years now. We have achieved and experienced so much over the past eleven years and I would not trade any of it for the world. If you had asked me if we would end up back where we started I would have laughed out loud but here we are and loving every minute of being able to have more family time than we could have ever imagined. I love being Cary's wife, I am more in love and more proud of him each day. Seeing him with our girls just makes my heart smile, he is an amazing father to them. I love that we can make each other laugh even when we are frustrated. When I am down he is up and when he is down (which is not very often) I am up. We compliment each other so well and are always there for each other. Even after 11 years we are still learning new things about each other, which I think is so fun. (Like I found out Cary would love to have some land and bail hay someday, I did remind him that where there could possibly be snakes his wife will not be there.) Who knew my husband would like to farm? I am still laughing about that one;-) Thank you Lord for sending the perfect man for me into my life at just the right time. I should not be surprised though because the Lord's timing is always perfect. We are so blessed by our two daughters, family, and so many precious friends. Our life is more full than I could have ever imagined, my cup truly runneth over. 

For our big anniversary date Cary and I went to Perini  for a delicious dinner and were surrounded by tables of other couples who were celebrating their anniversaries too. Who knew it would be such a popular night for celebrating? After dinner we drove around a little and then Cary surprised me with tickets to see "Leading Ladies" which was being performed at the Abilene Community Theatre. It was a really funny show and so nice to be surprised with something different. He got an A+ for the evening. 

Then we got to return home to our two greatest blessings who were sound asleep.

4 comments:

Kristen OQ said...

Happy 11 years! You guys are a perfect match. Sounds like a fun celebration night too.

Michael Ann said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

That makes me laugh about finding new things about each other out...wade and I have been doing that a lot lately which always leads to one of us asking the other "what's your name again?" : ) Love you guys and wish you many many more! Congrats!

Lisa Renee said...

How fun! Happy Anniversary! You both look fabulous! I can't believe its been 11 years... I remember you sitting in chapel together! Wow.

Shelley said...

Happy Anniversary :)