Image Map

June 23, 2009

It's Party Time!

Well Saturday was the day that Campbell had been waiting for, for about three months. She had been fairly patiently awaiting her 4th Birthday Party. When I asked her a few months ago what kind of party she wanted to have she said a purple water party in the backyard so that is what she had. I bought two pools and borrowed a big blow-up waterslide from my sweet friend Lindi and we were in business. I did manage to sneak in a few colors other than purple but we did plant purple flowers, have some purple balloons, and a few hanging purple beach balls (along with a few other colors). The best part about our backyard is that even at 1:00pm there is still a lot of shade provided by the two huge trees we have back there.

Here are the girls getting some swimming in before all of the guests arrive. There is nothing like a cool pool on a hot day.




I think watching all of the 17 children sliding was great entertainment for all of us adults as well as the children. They went down the waterslide feet first, backwards, sideways, and head first. Luckily, no one was injured and they seemed to all be having a great time.






Once they had played for a little over an hour we moved on to cake and ice cream time.







Here are Campbell and some of her sweet friends waiting on the candles to be lit so we can sing Happy Birthday to her.





Campbell taking a bite of the delicious Princess cupcake from Sam's. I just love Sam's cakes and cupcakes they are always delicious and so reasonable. She picked the Princess ones since they came with rings on them. That is my girl-girl!


At the end of the day I was so glad to have another party behind us and a very happy 4 year old. She kept saying how much fun her party was which made all of the planning totally worth it.

Thank you to all the family and friends who made this day so special for Campbell by taking the time out of a busy Saturday to attend as well as all the wonderful presents she has not stopped playing with. We love you all!

1 comment:

Kristen OQ said...

Looks like it was fun and super cute party! I would expect nothing less!

Hard to believe she is 4!