Image Map

June 16, 2009

Swimming our Days Away...at least our Mornings


Well we welcomed the beginning of Summer with two weeks of Swim lessons from our two favorite teachers, Mr. Lynn and Mrs. Sherry. Kaylee is completing her fourth summer of swim lessons and Campbell has just entered her first.







Kaylee is learning different strokes, kicks, and techniques this year so her class lasts an hour. I cannot believe how much she has learned and there are three days left of lessons. I may have to get her to teach me a few things at the pool this summer. Who knew there were so many swimming strokes? Not me. Anyway, she absolutely loves her class and cannot wait to get in the water and get started each day. She never takes her eyes off Mr. Lynn when he is giving an instruction and hangs on his every word. He truly has a way with the 8 students in her class. even when he is correcting them he finds a praise for them too. I am so proud of Kaylee's progress and attitude.

Campbell has a love-hate relationship with swimming. For about the first 15 minutes she loves it and then she is ready for class to be over. She adores Mrs. Sherry but just wants to move on to something else about half way through. I can always get a picture of her smiling when it comes to "jumping in time" because she knows after that comes the "fish food" aka Skittles and M&M's. What girl wouldn't love that! Despite her not always giving it her all she has come so far. I really think that in three more days she will be able to swim independently with some support from me occasionally.

No comments: